Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • help i am getting a mmmbop and need to no is a 195mm steer will be long enuff???
  • dalesboyz
    Free Member

i am getting a 18in mmbop frame and the forks i want for it have a 195mm steer and my frame isnt here yet so i need to know before i but the forks and i also no that i am thick so please help!!!!

cheers luke

racing_ralph
    Free Member

More than! I have a 210mm steerer (until it gets cut) and have 50mm of spacers

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Depends if you use a low stack headset though.

dalesboyz
    Free Member

so 195 would be too much of a push??

racing_ralph
    Free Member

If you are using a a hope step down or fsa 15-1 1/8" headset it will be long enough

hora
    Free Member

Hey boyz lol and m8 got ansa

ahwiles
    Free Member

if you have to cut it now, 195 will be fine. there's nothing wrong with a few spacers here and there.

dalesboyz
    Free Member

it just that i didnt want ot pay £350 for some forks and then the steer to be too short and thanks for all the help

where is the best place to get the step down cups from?

racing_ralph
    Free Member
    bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Just make sure the fork you are buying works with a low stack headset though, as some can strike the downtube on turning 90 degrees.

dalesboyz
    Free Member

they are 09 vanillas so they shouldn't should they?

and cheers ralph i may have to invest in one of them

racing_ralph
    Free Member

My fox RLC talas work fine even when the tals knob is activated (so you WILL be fine)

dalesboyz
    Free Member

cheers ralph and are they the 32 or 36's

racing_ralph
    Free Member

32s

dalesboyz
    Free Member

nice have you got any pictures of it as i need a bit of inspiration as i have only got as for as whites van(know i that they will fit) white brakes and red pro 2 on spank white rims

racing_ralph
    Free Member
    dalesboyz
    Free Member

what lenght steer are the talas?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I'll probably be selling a brand new hope step down zero stack headset, fitted but never ridden. Get in touch if you're interested.

The mmmbop headtube is 115 mm and 119 mm with the hope zero stack headset fitted.

dalesboyz
    Free Member

my emailis in my profile send me some pic's and a price cheers luke

racing_ralph
    Free Member

210mm

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

dalesboyz, email sent.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘help i am getting a mmmbop and need to no is a 195mm steer will be long enuff???’ is closed to new replies.