• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by AB.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • HELP – How do I remove strong double sided tape from a wall? (Please!)
  • AB
    Free Member

We’re painting our daughters room and she had wooden letters spelling her name on the wall which I put up with double sided foam tape. It was stronger than I thought and after removing the letters (no easy task) we’re left with lots of double sided tape on the wall which doesn’t want to budge.

Tried picking and scraping it off, but the lining paper is ripping along with it.

Any advice before I end up divorced?!

Mr_C
    Free Member

Try warming it with a hairdryer and gently peeling it off. But if it’s on lining paper it’s likely the glue is stronger than the paper so it’s gonna be a struggle.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Couple of layers of brown paper and an iron? It might work, but i am not taking any responsibility if things go badly wrong.

ElectricWorry
    Free Member

heat? hair dryer or something might make it softer.

rOcKeTdOg

acetone usually removes the glue (as in bike frame sticker residue) but bot sure how it’d work on paper

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I used to go potty at any tenants using this stuff. its impossible to remove without ripping off wallpaper or paint.

Great at sticking stuff to walls though 😐

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You could try soaking it with soapy water or WD40

Spongebob
    Free Member

yeah, i’d go for the hair dryer option and use a window scraper (these have a stanley knife blade.

If the lining pape comes away/gets damaged, use filler to make good.

AB
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice folks. Ended up using a hair dryer then some Sticky residue remover from Homebase. Worked a treat!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘HELP – How do I remove strong double sided tape from a wall? (Please!)’ is closed to new replies.