Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Help! Hope Pro 2 drive side seal.. Which way round!!??
  • wheeliejim
    Free Member

I'm trying to get the drive side seal back on, and it certainly isn't "popping in" with a click like on the hope video.

I've got the proper hope tool, but even with the seal off of the freehub, I can't see how it would pop in – mine just sits on the ratchet, the seal doesn't seem to be quite big enough to do hook under the lip of the hub (assuming that's what is supposed to happen).

And now I'm not sure which way round the seal goes either. From this photo I reckon I am looking at the drive side.. Is that right?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18781

Thanks for any help, I have been looking at this for an hour and a half 🙁

Guybrush
    Free Member

Flat side out, "step" side towards the ratchet.

Did mine last week, and it popped in with a bit of pressure from my finger nails. Started one side and then worked my way around to the other.

wheeliejim
    Free Member

Ok thanks, so the way I'd concluded was wrong (I tried both ways). I think I'm going to order a new seal and try that. Perhaps my one is too shagged to fit properly.

Thanks for your help.

wheeliejim
    Free Member

Judging by this photo, you're right. Step side towards the ratchet:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=25986

spikey
    Free Member

had the same problem with mine the other day. got a new seal and it poped in first go. got it form uk bike store.

wheeliejim
    Free Member

New seal arrived today, and popped in nicely first time.

Note to self: next time I order a new set of pro 2 bearings, get a new drive side seal too.

I now feel a bit more like a proper biker having rebuilt a pro2 😉

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help! Hope Pro 2 drive side seal.. Which way round!!??’ is closed to new replies.