Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • help! Hen do disaster…
  • meehaja
    Free Member

My Fiance's hen do venue has cancelled today, the hen weekend is fri and sat night next week! They're not planning anything wild (they're all soft, i went climbing with them and they all went to bed at 10 and said things like "I'm not drinking tongight, i need to get up early!') just a nice meal one night and a murdey mystery night the other. They were staying in a village hall in the lakes. Camping isn't ideal as they'll have no venue for the murder mystery and most places seem to be booked up… also they'd like the venue to themselves (thats YHA out pretty much).

Any suggestions? Anyone know a good (cheap) bunkhouse/ village hall etc. needs to be very cheap as the old venue was £10 a night per person, they don't mind sleeping on roll mats on a floor.

any suggestions, anywhere in the uk (somewhere nice for preference!)

Thanks all knowing singletrackers!

Jim

Lanesra
    Free Member

My flat is quite big and has 3 spare bedrooms – I'd be more than willing to host

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

My mate had a party at Water Yeat village hall, its about 5-6 miles from coniston. Wasn't much to hire out, less than £10 per person. More like £10 for the night for the whole thing

gusamc
    Free Member

Parking is tight, 3/4 cars, middle of nowehere *depending
    but http://www.independenthostelguide.co.uk/selected-accommodation.php?area=16&s=21s

£48 a night

It's basic (couple of small bedroown, lots of mattreses, shoers loo, kitchen, fire circle out back, but we got lucky, blazing sun, could see glasto tor at brekkie, nearby drain river burbling all night, and just down the hill from the Quantocks – village nearby (with pubs but )

lots of other hostels

good luck

Harry_the_Spider

I've used The Old Schoolhouse at Chapel le Dale and National Trust Base Camp in High Wray. Both are good… but popular. Good luck.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

It may be too late and too far away, but Carbisdale Castle (SYHA) would be a prety cool venue for a murder mystery weekend.

thomthumb
    Free Member

this place near afan

http://www.landaoutdoorcentre.co.uk/

is cheap and basic bunk houses and slightly nicer chalets. some mtb/ walking /horse riding near by if they fancy.

smiffkin

The Castle Inn at Talgarth has a bunkhouse right next to the pub. Good food at the pub too. http://www.thecastleinn.co.uk

mugsys_m8

If they're climbers, are any of them in the BMC? If so, the BMC has access to lots of climbing club huts. Mostly in the lakes and Wales.
    Loads of choice, but they do get booked up. SOunds just the thing that's needed to me.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Try Derwent Hill.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘help! Hen do disaster…’ is closed to new replies.