Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Help, gin experts to the forum please.
  • Scapegoat

Kids got me a bottle of Hendricks for my birthday, and I really fancied one tonight. Mrs Scape has returned from the weekly shop with no cucumber. What would you do?
    I have lime, lemon, ice and loads of tonic, a bottle of Morrison’s signature gin and some Bombay saphire.
    Would putting lime or lemon in the Hendricks condemn me to the fires of gin-snob hell? Or should I go for the Morrison’s with lemon, of the Saphire and lime?

Kryton57

What would I do? Right now* put a straw in the top and get busy.

*ive been dry yet staring at an unopened bottle of Bombay sapphire for over a month.

Scapegoat

I’m usually a very moderate drinker so no dry January required. Sorry if I’m stirring any cravings.

scaredypants

frozen lime goes into mine

cucumber – eww, it’s not ****’ Pimms

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Mrs Scape has returned from the weekly shop with no cucumber. What would you do?

Give her multiple orgasms?

I hate cucumber, even in gin.

Scapegoat

You’ll be relieved to hear its OK with lime. Still has that cucumber background taste, so it isn’t wasted. Complex old number isn’t it!

Son is a barman, and has started blethering on about mint and Fever Tree tonic. Might have to have a word with his mother.

wolly
    Free Member

Take a veg peeler to the lemon chuck some rind in a tumbler with ice douse with gin show it some tonic job jobbed

Drac

Just use the lime with Hendrick’s cucumber adds very little but lime does.

Wait!

Which tonic?

Scapegoat

You might well be right Drac. I’ve really enjoyed it with lime. And Schweppes.

scaredypants

Schweppes

😉 Aye, right ! Slimline, yeah ?

Scapegoat

Yours is next Wolly. I usual!y mix it 3:1, so I’ll try a different ratio.

Scapegoat

Don’t be **** silly scaredypants.what is the point of slimline? Nowt wrong with Schweppes
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/foodanddrinkadvice/11466577/The-perfect-GandT-whats-the-best-tonic-to-pair-with-gin.html

scaredypants

Schweppes, dahling – it’s just not stw

(I quite like the waitrose basics one, but I always serve it from a fentimans bottle 😉 )

wolly
    Free Member

The little Schweppes cans are excellent for the occasional gin I seldom use a big bottle

Drac

Schweppes and you’re concerned about not having cucumber?

Scapegoat

You’ll be telling me Teachers is crap next.

kiwijohn

Just finished a bottle of Le Gin 1&9. Best gin I’ve tried. & its French.

wallop

Le gin 😆

jsync

Got any elderflower cordial? Citrus is a definite no no.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Pink gin and leave it in!

sbob
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

Just use the lime with Hendrick’s cucumber adds very little

Come back and tell me that once you’ve feasted on the gin infused cucumber at the end of your drink.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The whole “cucumber in Hendricks” is a marketing invention. G&T with lime. Job done

HansRey

Make a Martini, with the highest proof gin and a nice vermouth

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

The wife brought me home a cucumber flavoured tonic last night which I had with Hendrix and it was banging, definitely worth a try. The elder flower tastes great too.

woody21
    Free Member

You should use Fever Tree Indian Tonic Water – never, ever use own brand mixers

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

The whole “cucumber in Hendricks” is a marketing invention. G&T with lime. Job done

+1

Drac

Come back and tell me that once you’ve feasted on the gin infused cucumber at the end of your drink.

That’s the gin adding something to the cucumber not the cucumber adding to the gin.

nedrapier

The whole “cucumber in Hendricks” is a marketing invention.

So you’re saying someone came up with an idea for a drink they thought people might like?

sbob
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

That’s the gin adding something to the cucumber not the cucumber adding to the gin.

It’s the whole beautiful union, you wouldn’t for instance try and enjoy your gin without a glass, would you?
    Unless you’re some kind of evil perverse separatist.

OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NOT ANOTHER SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE HIJACK.

You bastard.

Shak47

Bought a bottle of the botanist islay gin, fav alcoholic drink of all time, roll,on Monday.
    Anyway reached for the slimline only to be told by the woman in the offy that that wouldn’t do, it would have to be fentimans tonic water, very nice it was too but a bit pricey

Drac

It’s the whole beautiful union, you wouldn’t for instance try and enjoy your gin without a glass, would you?
    Unless you’re some kind of evil perverse separatist.

Errrr! No of course I wouldn’t.

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

If you’re going to use lime have common decency to add a little fresh ginger too. You’ll thank me.

Kryton57

Damn this thread, I’m trying to achieve another 5 weeks of abstinence!

scaredypants

Kryton, 5 weeks on that stuff’ll rot your brain

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Help, gin experts to the forum please.’ is closed to new replies.