Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help closing a CD
  • CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Have burnt some stuff onto a CD-RW to use this evening. The CD player won't see the new disc I've burnt, so I guess I have to close the session, but I don't know how.

Done some searching online but am still none the wiser

Thanks

RealMan
    Free Member

Which program are you using?

Cougar

I think the term you're looking for is 'finalise', which may help your searching.

Cougar

There's also the matter of it being an audio CD, of course; you can't just slap a bunch of mp3s onto a disc and expect it to work. Unless it explicitly supports it, most consumer CD players are very particular about disc formats.

Also, some players won't read CD-RWs, or some brands of disc. Different laser wavelengths and all that.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Sorry guys – thanks for the response. Wasn't able to get onto my PC the rest of the weekend

I was just using Windows Media Player in Windows 7 do burn them, but could not find out how to finalise. Any pointers?

Or alternatively is there a way to burn CD's from iTunes where I keep my library or any other freeware?

DezB
    Free Member

When you view the CD in Windows Explorer, what files does it show?

To burn from iTunes, create a playlist of the songs you want, then you get a Burn to CD button. Simple.

CD-RWs are not the best to burn audio CDs onto though – you can only burn them once, then they aren't recognised by normal CD players. Best use normal CD-Rs.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

DezB, thanks – perfect. I knew you could do it from iTunes somehow but couldn't remember how. I will also use a CD-R rather than RW

DezB
    Free Member

Cool 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help closing a CD’ is closed to new replies.