Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help choosing a backpack (small / road use) – Lobo, Rogue or Other…
  • fubar
    Free Member

Looking for a pack to use on the road bike. It doesn't need to be as big as a Mule but after looking at the Lobo with the bladder in place there appears to be very little room (I want to carry 2 spare inners / pump / phone / compact waterproof) – Can you even get a pump in ?.
    I've even considered if using the Lobo without the bladder in place (using bottles on the frame) to give me a litle more room.

How does the Rogue compare (I haven't seen one before)?
    Any other suggestions (for a backpack…I'm not stuffing everything in a pocket!)

thanks

damitamit
    Free Member

If its for the road, just get a small saddle bag for the spare tubes/tools. Frame mount the pump. And put your waterproof/phone in your jersey pocket.

It's the roadie way…

Mounty_73

I have the Rogue, it will hold all that above and a little more……and yes it will hold a pump, ideally a shortish one.

The only downside I have found with the Rogue, is having no waiststrap and it can bob up and down a bit too much, but this wont be problem on a road bike.

Overall the Rogue is a good pack, short and very lightweight.

Have you looked at the Camelbak XLP ?

fubar
    Free Member

I'm not a real roadie though and I'd much rather use a backpack than have a saddlebag !
    I was more worried that the Rogue was a little too small but perhaps not then – that XLP looks smaller. I was trying to find the middle-ground between Lobo and Mule – perhaps another brand ?

Mounty_73

I thought the rogue would be a bit small, but its not…its bigger than it looks…

I used mine in Scotland, 2 tubes, tools, pump, waterproof, gillet, snacks, phone etc, no problem.

2 decent sized zipped pockets, along with a mesh pocket behind, sorted.

fubar
    Free Member

Rogue ordered (£33.95 at Merlin) – thanks

iain1775
    Free Member

know youve ordered already but I have a Lobo
    With a full bladder its tight but I can fit –
    in bottom zip bit –
    2 tubes, multitool, spare mech hanger, puncture kit and a mars bar or my helmet cam (not both 😉 but I usually eat the mars bar before helmet cam battery runs out)
    in top zip bit –
    car keys
    house keys
    phone
    one of those hardcase plastic wallet things with my credit card, and change in
    in the elasticated bit between the pockets –
    pump
    very compact showerproof
    (or if I have full waterproof I just fold it and secure it under the strap that secures the top bit down

In 3 years never had any need for a bigger bag but just got an Evoc CC and find it cavenous (but very good)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help choosing a backpack (small / road use) – Lobo, Rogue or Other…’ is closed to new replies.