Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Help? Chariot Baby Trailer, my son screams as soon as he's in it :-(
  • Daffy

As above really. Saved up for a while to buy a good quality trailer (Chariot Cougar 1) so the little fella (6 months) could come out with his dad in the evenings and weekends, but he screams almost immediately as soon as he’s put in it.

I’ve now measured the infant sling and have it set up so it’s geometry precisely matches his pram seat, which he’s happy as Larry in. The straps aren’t even fastened, so it shouldn’t be a comfort thing…

…he’s just really unhappy as soon as he’s in it….help!? I was really looking forward to this time with him, but given his reaction (I’ve tried it a few times now) I’m thinking I might as well cut my losses and sell it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Martin (unhappy dad)

stevie750

My daughter hated her bike seat and screamed when we first put her in it. She now stands in the hall with her helmet demanding to go out on the bike. So givbe it a few more tries and he will get into it.

kimbers

6 months may be a bit young

kimbers jr likes his but a bit older 14months? when we got ours

PaulD
    Free Member

Scream if you want to go faster?

clubber
    Free Member

my son used to do the same when I put him in my 206 (car) despite being in the same seat as the other car he was fine with.

stick with it. he’ll get used to it. that said, 6 months can be a bit young for some babies.

joemarshall
    Free Member

We’ve used ours since about then. At first, I always put her in it at points when she was about to fall asleep for a daytime nap, or when she was obviously desperate for a nap but not going to sleep.

She did grump a little bit sometimes when going down for her sleep, but not for long, and probably less than if i’d been trying to get her to sleep in the pushchair or sling. To be honest though, we may have lucked out – it always seemed a bit like a baby version of ‘speed’, she needed constant movement in order to sleep. I found she slept really well in it, but woke up the moment I stopped at home.

I did always come home when she woke up, but with two naps and planning that allowed some pretty long rides, I used it as my main transport for things like going swimming 8 miles away over the hills, or the 10 miles into Derby for clothes shopping.

By about 10 months she worked out that the magic sleep machine was also quite fun when awake, probably because she’d had such comfortable naps in it, but until then I never put her in it unless she was going to sleep.

tallie
    Free Member

I’d agree it’s probably just a matter of getting used to it.

Have you got the run / walk attachment? We put my daughter in it for short runs or just strolls to the park before going on longer rides.

If your other half can use it routinely when walking from the house it soon becomes just another buggy and you won’t have any dramas.

My daughter’s 2 now and she loves the trailer to the extent I get tears if I put her in the car to take her to nursery…

bigad40
    Free Member

Hang in there, he may need to be little stronger to sit comfy, which could be a few days.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help? Chariot Baby Trailer, my son screams as soon as he's in it :-(’ is closed to new replies.