Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Help – Cancelling BT Line and Broadband (Are we being fleeced??)
  • younggeoff

Hi, after some advice. Moving home and not taking the BT Line and current broadband (Elipse) with us. We've been told that there's fees to pay to cancel the broadband as we're not moving it.

Also BT are saying that we have to pay the contract up to January, I thought we'd only have to give them a months notice to disconnect everything and only pay that month.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

depends on how long the contract was for – when did you last agree to it? (They are cunning – they will call you with a new price plan which, when you agree to it, actually ties you in to a new contract).

younggeoff

Had the phone line in over 2 years, think they may have changed the price plan last year which sounds like they've been sneeky and tied us into another contract (B*$Tard$)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yep – that is how they do it.

Shafted me last month after years and years of very low broadband usage I went over my allowance ONCE (downloading a couple of albums) and they charged me £28!!!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Help – Cancelling BT Line and Broadband (Are we being fleeced??)’ is closed to new replies.