Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • help building my own road bike please. frame first?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

I commute on HT at momment but would love my own road/race bike.

Got £800 for a frame and would like it to be future proof to have disc brakes. Don’t mind saving a bit longer if needed.

Group 105

I’m 6ft 4inches so XL 60-61cm required.
    I could get a bike on my works scheme but it’s capped at £1000 and I ain’t getting what I want for that.

1-shed
    Free Member

What frame material carbon steel etc.

1-shed
    Free Member

Ok just had a look bow about a salsa warbird 2 at trinton cycles @ £899.

rj
    Free Member

I thought about this, and then went out and bought a Fuji Sportif 1.3 Disc on Cyclescheme. As a commuter, and indeed trainer for when I can’t be bothered driving somewhere with the mountain bike I can’t fault it. Comfy, disc brakes, and it hasn’t broken yet. I keep thinking I should get something a bit more pimp, then think ‘what for?’.

takisawa2

You can usually “top-up” the bike- to-work £1k, so worth bearing in mind.
    £1.8k would give you more choice.

Me…I’d be looking at a Dirty Disco, BB7SL’s,, 105 & a nice wheelset (not necessarily carbon either).
    Might even squeeze some Ultegra at that price.

mauja
    Free Member

I’d definitely be going for the new 11 speed 105 so you get mechanical shifting and hydraulic brakes.

For the frame have you considered a cx frame? It gives you a bit more flexibility and with road tyres on mine isn’t much slower than my full on road bike.

Haze

Kinesis Pro6 with 105?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘help building my own road bike please. frame first?’ is closed to new replies.