Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Help _ Gamut Podium Rebuild
  • cyclelife
    Free Member

Any shops out there with the correct tool for rebuilding Gamut Podium pedals, tried once and axle is locked when correct torque is put on axle nut. I bodged a tool to put the three small bearings in and they’re obviously damaged or not in square.
    Must say it’s a shite design compared with the DMR set up, which is so easy to rebuild!

cyclelife
    Free Member

I must be the only twit to buy them 😯

honourablegeorge

You’re not. I had the original ones, the bearings were just too bloody small. I ended up rebuilding with two and then ditching them, they’re still in the shed.

Newer ones are not much better, it seems.

sillyoldman

New ones are way better sealed. It’s a design that Oneup have flattered through fairly precise imitation.

Take them to a shop to properly fit the bearings and you should have no issues?

russyh
    Free Member

I have a pair and noticed a bit of play this evening so will need to embark on a rebuild shortly! Panicking now!

Speeder

rebuild them before the tiny bearings disintegrate and you should be fine. I think I have the tool at home somewhere as I knew they were temperamental and wanted to rebuild them as I loved the shape so much that I could’t bare to change them. The Gammuts I got when I had the bike with the first set on nicked are nowhere near as nice a feel.

PM me and I’ll have a look for the tool when I get home tomorrow.

Gary

wrecker
    Free Member

These were fantastic pedals when they worked. They failed on me at an enduro race though, so I rebuilt them and sold them on. Shame really, with extended pins they were insanely grippy.
    I’m equally happy with the burgtecs now and they are far less maintenance intensive. Lots easier to service too, no special tools required.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Help _ Gamut Podium Rebuild’ is closed to new replies.