Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • HELP!!
  • Firstly i'd like to say hi to all. I'm jason and i'm from a town called Teignmouth. Is there anybody out there that rides in and around teignmouth or even Newton abbott area. A good choice of route will me a blessing. Thanks T.M

CountZero

You'll make people deaf shouting like that! 😉
    sorry, can't help, but welcom anyway, and I'm sure someone who can will be along in a minute or two.

tails
    Free Member

think a chap called knottie and possibly a guy called sharki cycle around there. they post on the forum regularly, so you could maybe find there email addresses.

GrahamS

FIRE!! RAPE!!!!!!

Hello, can any recommend me some shoes? 🙄

crispybacon
    Free Member

Hi TM & welcome.

Just to clarify Knottie & Sharki ride on the Quantocks so don't ask them about any Newton Abbot/Teignmouth routes 🙂

The guys you need to speak to are Trailmonkey & Slugwash to name but two, there are possibly others on STW who live in the area but they are the two who I know live round that way.

I would suggest that you post a request for help on routes in South Devon on the bike forum as it will possibly be seen by more people.

Have you been up to Haldon & ridden the routes up there?

sharki
    Free Member

From Teignmouth, i'd most certainly make the trip to the area near Bovey Tracy called Lustleigh cleeve, it's the winter hide away for the moorboyz when the moor gets too wet.

As said Trailmonkey is one of the local trailmeisters from the area, so is Del, Tim41, etc…

Mention Dartmoor, south devon etc in a thread title and i'm sure you'll get a few willing brummies to help you out.

Onzadog
    Free Member

GrahamS – Member
    FIRE!! RAPE!!!!!!

Hello, can any recommend me some shoes?

Yes, I think you should wear shoes, they're great.

Si
    Free Member

Yeah regular group of us Eastern Dartmoor riders inc myslef, trailmonkey etc. Drop us a mail and il add you to our list.

Most weekends 30-40km rides, odd epic thrown in. Dont mind the climbin but do it for the downs, and Eastern Dartmoor deffinately has some of the best…

Some of them also regularly wed night ride at Haldon too.

Depends what your cup of tea ridin wise is I guess.

hi crispy,

Thank you for your advice. Sorry for the delay. Work been manic. I have been to haldon but about 18 months ago. How would i get in contact with Trailmonkey & Slugwash?

Jason

ojom
    Free Member

Hey Jason – How's the bag?

sharki
    Free Member

Hey the bike chain, hows your bag?

ojom
    Free Member

its missing your tender touch sharki.

Si,

Sounds a day. do you welcome novices to your ride.

If so my email address is jasonclatworthy@aol.com.

Kind regards

Jason

Mark, I'm still in edinburgh till the 18th. I'm iching to get out there and ride just left some messages to crispy bacon who's been a great help and si. As for the bag i'm quite proud of myself that i've got it now. I will be around to get some gloves before i go. so have them lizzards ready.

Jason

P.s

Got the company pens you want and a mug

ojom
    Free Member

Woo! i like pens. Never have enough.

Great – pop in when you are in the area.

that last post of mne is for bike chain…………. Sorry mark

in fact mark (bike chain) before i foget. What is that powdered enery drink called i can use during rides

ojom
    Free Member

basically its powdered energy drink. Torq is a good one. I don't use it mesel but Onion likes it.

sharki,

Where near Bovey is it. Better still do you have the map number and grid ref

Jas

crispybacon
    Free Member

TM/Jas

Rather than put Slugwash's contact details on the open forum I've emailed him your request & your addy, so hopefully he should contact you direct idc.

The 'new' ridge trail at Haldon isn't as good as the old trails up there (so I'm told – going up after Xmas to find out for myself) however the unmarked stuff (if it hasn't all been trashed by the Rangers) is the way to go & St Andrew's lane never fails to put a sh!t eating grin on my face.

As Si says the E.Dartmoor rides are good fun and rideable most of the year & from what I've heard they are a fun bunch……..

Si
    Free Member

Sharki and Genks stop tryin to confuse the situation!

Jas, il drop you a mail, and pass details on to trail monkey, and the rest we ride with ( basically all those sharki mentions…)

If weathers fine sat we might be headed Princetown.

snaps
    Free Member

I did the new ridgeride @ Haldon on Saturday & although not really a red route, it was OK – some fun bit coming back from the tower & the bottom berm section looks like they're repairing it not digging it up as reported on some posts – 2 laps 17 miles, only problem is combining the family trail & the walking trail with the 'red' ridgeride for the first mile or so, kids & dog $hit everywhere 🙄

sharki
    Free Member

To everyone.

I miss mark and dartmoor.

Mostly i miss riding, now wheres my bike and free time.

CJWeekes
    Free Member

Hey there Teignmouth. I'm in Chudleigh, there are some reasonably good trails between you and me.
    Notably from Teignmouth Golf Course down Three Tree Lane through the woods. You can follow it downhill all the way ENE to Town Farm Lane, which takes you north to Ideford.
    Alternatively, you could continue on Hamblecome Lane, though it's a loose rocky climb and you need to beware of others coming downwards. But it's a good challenge!
    Only trouble is it's a roadie trip back to Teignmouth (unless anyone knows of a better way).

slugwash
    Free Member

Hi Jason, sorry I missed this thread last week. However,Crispybacon did e-mail me with your contact details and I forgot to get back to you.

We may be doing a Dartmoor fullish moon night-ride on the 27th if your interested. Probably somewhere off the A38. I'm not around for all of Chrisrtmas but I'm having a cup of coffee and a croissant with Shinythings of the aforementioned East Dartmoor Possee and I'll remind him to remind Si to drop you a line if they're doing anything over the holiday. If not I'll probably meet you out on a ride sooner or later.

Here's a link or two to some photo's of the East Dartmoor Posse in inept action. A bunch of past it, wheezy old thirty & fortysomethings…..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8308384@N06/sets/72157622492838930/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8308384@N06/sets/72157622906942271/

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘HELP!!’ is closed to new replies.