Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Helmets with good ventilation
  • _tom_
    Free Member

Looks like my Rockhopper frame has finally sold so I can use those funds to buy myself a better helmet. At the minute I've got a Specialized Air Force 3 and it's horrible, head feels sweaty after about 5 minutes. Is there anything better? Was looking at the Giro Hex, I like the styling – whats its ventilation like?

Any other suggestions welcomed 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

I use a hex… it vents very well.. no problems
    I would recommend it

westkipper
    Free Member

I thought all helmets had outstanding, brilliant, ice cool ventilation…
    From all the adverts I've seen, that seems to be the main point of them, surely?

Northwind

Hex has good vents. Fox Flux has pretty amazing vents, but i guess that's partly the tradeoff of being absolutely enormous.

Had a Xen which, being a sweaty bugger anyway, didn't suit me.

Now got a Flux and despite the Xen being a nice fit, the Flux seems beeter all round – ventilation wise especially.

_tom_
    Free Member

Flux was seeming good til I saw it costs £70! Was hoping to buy some kind of jersey with the money I'm getting in as well.

spyke85
    Free Member

Catlike have awesome ventilation!

Flux is £60 at Evans, or £40 something for an '08 (don't think they've changed apart from styling) at Stif.

zaskar
    Free Member

Any top helmet should do.

Bell's Sweep and Vortex are great.

alpin
    Free Member

hex.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Met helmets all seem to have great ventilation

coatesy
    Free Member

Sweating in this weather?I've been wearing a Lifa balaclava or a bandana under my Animas in an effort to stop my head from freezing, p'raps I should try one of the above recommendations.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Helmets with good ventilation’ is closed to new replies.