Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • helmets for a big bonce/pad recommendations
  • Seggons
    Free Member

so I need a new lid, buuut my head is pretty large considering what it holds inside, like 62-63cm circumference. I’ve seen the fox flux goes up to a 64cm size, but I was wondering what the STW collective would recommend.
    Budget of up to around £100, however am willing to go a wee bit more for a decent helmet that’ll fit well.

Thanks in advance.

Additionally, any recommendations for knee/shin pads would be much appreciated too! For general enduro riding, more down than up ..

Nomad
    Free Member

My big head is liking my newly acquired Specialized Tactic II. Very comfy Helmet

davewalsh
    Free Member

63cm Swede here, currently have a Large Giro Xar and had a Large Hex before that. IMO the Xar isn’t worth the extra as it doesn’t feel any different to the Hex so I’ll be going back to a Hex when the Xar is knackered.
    I also have a Giro Remedy full face that fits well also. I must have a Giro shaped head 😉

luket

Giro here too. Hex (getting on a bit now, won’t be the current one) and a now very old Xen fit my 63cm bonce well. I reckon they’re a little longer and narrower than other makes, which suits me. I couldn’t find anything else suitable to fit at the time, although some Specialized helmets have also fitted me.

I’m also on the lookout for a new helmet. But at a lower budget because the Hex was as good for my purposes as the more expensive offering.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘helmets for a big bonce/pad recommendations’ is closed to new replies.