Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Helmet wearing – assessing risk
  • Northwind

Now, if only someone else had been using their helmet for its other useful feature- putting a video camera on- this thread would be a lot better :mrgreen:

I saw a shocking sight on Argyle Street in Glasgow on Friday. Middle aged woman, no helmet, travelling on the pavement at under 5 miles per hour came off her bike. Head smashed into pavement and within a few minutes, the gaping wound on her head had led to a pool of blood about 5 feet in diameter encircling her as she lay poleaxed. Ambulance came and took her away, prior to that she was out cold for a full 5 minutes. I don't think she could have been cycling any slower.

I doubt she'll make that mistake again, assuming she survived. 🙁

zaskar
    Free Member

Had a bad smash on Monday, glad my lid took a lot of grunt!
    14mph. Still have a headache but better than no helmet and contact with tarmac.

(On road too)

Don't wear a helmet if you don't want to-its your brains.

druidh
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    Now, if only someone else had been using their helmet for its other useful feature- putting a video camera on- this thread would be a lot better

I was right behind TJ when it happened, but I'd done a risk assessment and had come to the conclusion that having a bit, sticky-out, helmet cam on my head was asking for trouble given the low branches 🙂

ojom
    Free Member

I was right behind Druidh when it happened – i always send the 2 lambs out to slaughter when riding.

Branch contact with mine today on our Gypsy Glen hangover killer. Glad i had my lid on as i was riding like a tool… very very indistinct direction choices and general wibbling around! 8)

ianpinder
    Free Member

Lol, I came off riding down a ex railway ath which had been tarmaced over 😳

Then 10 mintues later I did it again and smashed my helmet to peices, it was funny as ****. Glad I was wearing a helmet, myy friend wet himself…… 😆

People are clever enough to choose when and when they don't want to wear a helmet.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Helmet wearing – assessing risk’ is closed to new replies.