Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Helmet talk… Xen or Hex?
  • jimmy

My Xen's taken a bash and its time has come. Looking at getting a Hex – any particular reason they're £40 less? Are they actually rubbish in comparison…?

DT78
    Free Member

Havent had a xen, but I've got 2 Hexs nothing wrong with them at all. I'd buy another.

ton

on my 2nd xen….got a hex and it is a very cheap imitation of the xen…imho

timraven

Hex is good as far as I'm concerned, couldn't see the point of paying the extra.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Jimmy,

I've got a Xen which I no longer use. Excellent condition, bronze colour, size medium – make me an offer… (email in profile)

Zilog
    Free Member

Just got a xen but it was purely for the paint job and I got it cheap.

H4RDT41LR1D3R
    Free Member

If it's any use I ordered a 2010 xen yesterday from a shop on ebay called 2wheelsonly £79.99.inc p&p (they appeared to have all colours and sizes), got the tracker number emailed to me today so so far so good.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Got both.If i could only have one though it would be the zen,no question.

carlphillips
    Free Member

just binned my xen for a fox flux imo they're waaaaay comfier and give better protection.

johnners
    Free Member

xen doesn't fit me, hex does

jimmy

StuC – cheers but I have one available to me should I choose to 🙂

theboatman
    Free Member

Had a Xen, and now have a Hex, having a child encouraged cost saving approach. I think the Xen definately looked better, but in terms of use I can't tell the difference between the two, they seem to offer the same protection and I can't tell the difference in terms of fit/ comfort. If I was back to being cash rich, I think I'd still stick with the Hex and spunk the extra cash into other shiney things.

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Having had both and been impressed by them of the two the Hex fitted my large noggin better and was better at breathing.

whoopiegoldbars
    Free Member

Also had both and the Xen is definitely better. The Hex just feels like a cheaper version of the Xen, but that's no bad thing.

Go for the Xen if you've got the cash.

Northwind

I like my Hex, good simple helmet. Did sit a bit on top of my head, my Flux straps itself right round so it's more stable and secure (useful with cameras or lights attached). That was my only criticism really.

They're not the exact same shape btw, the Hex fits me really well but the Xen sticks into the top/back of my head in a really unpleasantly uncomfortable way.

mrelectric

Got a Xen 2010 in white after trying both. Great lid; light, perfect comfy fit & even my style-fascist teenage sons OK'd the look.
    Only thing is its a bit hotter than my old Targa which I can't trust after being knocked off by a car.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Helmet talk… Xen or Hex?’ is closed to new replies.