Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Helmet saves cyclists life
  • Cougar

It may just be me being special, but that link takes me to some poxy survey with no news article to be seen.

footflaps

It may just be me being special

Goes without saying….

Northwind

Incompetence risks cyclist’s life. Also, lots of room for dyke related jokes.

When I had my big road crash, loads of people told me that the helmet I wasn’t wearing definitely saved my life.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’m glad Ricky is OK, but the fact the only evidence in there is the fact that he’s still alive and that his helmet split isn’t really conclusive is it.

cloudnine
    Free Member

But if he wasnt wearing a helmet he might not have crashed. If they make them compulsory then it will mean crashing is compulsory… making cycling way more dangerous. Was it a hiviz hemet?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Lovely to spend the day in Amsterdam yesterday – no helmets, no high-viz, just plenty of bikes and plenty of people riding them. If only….

LHS
    Free Member

Goes with out saying. Helmets save lives. Cycling without one is a darwinium statement.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Goes with out saying. Helmets save lives.

So does not going for the ride in the first place if we’re taking that approach.

wwaswas

Goes with out saying. Helmets save lives.

and we’re off!

DrRSwank
    Free Member

A split helmet just sounds too painful for words.

ads678

I’m not gonna say that helmets save lives, but they must help in certain crash situations

like wearing a sumo suit to cross the road, it could help if you get hit by a car, but not crossing the road at all would be safer!!

Obviously sumo suits and cycling don’t go together well though, wind resistance and all that…….

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Cycling without one is a darwinium statement

Shit, I just walked down my stairs without a helmet.

You know what, I usually wear one, but cycling without one sometimes is bloody lovely. Darwin schmarwin, I don’t consider a pootle along a towpath to carry sufficient risk to make a helmet a necessity.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Cycling without one is a darwinium statement.

What evolutionary advantage is conferred by not being able to spell?

LHS
    Free Member

?

footflaps

I reckon cycling surrounded by a 2 tonne metal crash frame with 20+ air bags would save lives, they ought to make it compulsory.

GrahamS

Goes with out saying. Neck braces and spine protectors save lives. Cycling without them is a darwinium statement.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

LHS – Member
    ?

darwinium 😕

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

A) Helmet saves mans life.

B) Helmet lessens mans injuries.

C) Helmet has little effect on mans injuries.

Pick one at random, each is as likely to be true as any other.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

When I was a kid I fell off my bike, broke a tooth and bumped my head. I wasnt wearing a helmet and didnt die.

Was God just watching over me that day ? 🙄

DezB
    Free Member

“The paramedics arrived and one said ‘Thanks for wearing your helmet. It’s just saved your life’.

Bloody knownothings going round rescuing people. what’s the world coming to.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

DarwinIAN 🙄

Darwinium is probably a vital ingredient in the music of AC/DC.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Helmet saves cyclists life’ is closed to new replies.