Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Helmet recommendations
  • Denis99
    Free Member

On washing my helmet this morning ……. I noticed that the polystyrene section by the right temple had fractured.

The helmet is a Smith Forefront, quite expensive, but seems to have done its job. I came down heavily on my right hand side and remember hitting my head.

Looking for a replacement, but the Smith, whilst comfortable and a good fit, tended to be a little hot for me.

I realise it’s like asking for a tyre recommendation, but would have up to £100 for a new lid, would like trail riding coverage as I can be a little clumsy on occasions….
    Something cooler though.

hainman
    Free Member

I have an Urge Enduro and its pretty comfy,also have the TLD A1 and its even comfier,probably comfiest Lid i have worn

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Get one in a sikk enduro colorway.

BillOddie

Giro Xar is good if you have a hot head.

Denis99
    Free Member

Thanks Xar looks good to me.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have a Scott Stego. It fits me well and is well vented for my sweaty head. A little over your budget unless you can find a deal. Really you have to find some to try on otherwise a bad fit could annoy for a long time.

chrismac

TLD A1 is super comfy but hot to wear.

Its really hard to find a good coverage not hot helmet. I will be interested to see what you end up going for. Im currently using a specialized Vice which is nice an cool but a bit more coverage would be nice

rascal
    Free Member

Bought a Met Terra a few weeks ago…lovely fit, light, great adjustment…stealthy matt black.
    Go Outdoors pricematched so got it for £38 instead of £59…

Denis99
    Free Member

Visited a couple of shops today and tried quite a few helmets on.

Eventually settled for the best fit and light weight helmet with lots of vents.

Surprisingly it also turned out to be lowest cost helmet I tried.

Catlike Vacuum from Go Outdors at £41.99.

vondally
    Free Member

I have urge enduro…..great but really really hot
    Urge am…?..one with more vents very comfortable and cooler in air flow

SO has the xar really good helmet and better vented than with of the urge

Rubber_Buccaneer

also turned out to be lowest cost helmet I tried

Win win 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Helmet recommendations’ is closed to new replies.