Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Helmet lights
  • craig78
    Free Member

Morning. Any suggestion on helmet lights? Looked on eBay but just asking for advice. Cheers

stevied
    Free Member

Budget?

craig78
    Free Member

I’m just looking into night riding.. Just something decent enough to start?? Would £50 get me something ? Thanks

stevied
    Free Member

If it’s going to be your only light (on your helmet) I would look for something that doesn’t give a tight beam as you won’t see much if you turn your head.
    For £50 you could probably get a couple of cheap Chinese lights linked in that link up there ^ and have one on bars/one on helmet. Just running one light on either is a bit of a compromise IMO.

craig78
    Free Member

I’ve managed to get a used exposure maxx d main light of a mate. So just looking for a helmet light good enough to start. I appreciate the links and response

Euro
    Free Member

As Stevie says, a couple of the cheapo chinese ones (i use 4X Cree XML T6) will do just dandy. I think mine were £32 for the pair. You can butcher the headstrap to make it work as a helmet mount too.

Compared to some of the lights you see on here they seem feeble but in reality, they work a treat and give plenty of light. They don’t turn night into day like some do, but i don’t really want that on a night ride, i just want to see where i’m going. I found setting the bar mounted light to medium and pointing it a few metres from the front wheel and the head one on full whammo pointing up the trail a bit give a very usable and even corridor of light to play in.

edit: oops, too late 😛

thegreatape
    Free Member

You can also look at mapdec, who supply the same type of lights but with the advantage of UK support. They have a few options around the £40-50 mark.

craig78
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Always good to get a few pointers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Helmet lights’ is closed to new replies.