Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Helmet almost certainly saved me….
  • brack
    Free Member

Cycled to work last Saturday….have started timing myself ( middle aged crisis)

Was heading for a record 26 mins!!

As the garage door of the ambulance station ( Im a paramedic) were open decided to bomb straight into the garage…..wet floor….bit of detergent from last wash on floor….BANG

Didn’t have time to think about putting a limb down to slow the fall. My head took the full impact. Lay dazed for a while then inspected my helmet..which had cracked in several places. Couldn’t move my neck for days after…

Thank god I had my helmet on!!

sharki
    Free Member

Have you cut the straps on it?

I hear paras always do that to make sure it’s replaced

uplink
    Free Member

You’ll be dead from the effects of rotational forces by this time next week – you wait & see 😉

colnagokid

Yep deffo woundn’t have crashed if you hadn’t been wearing a helmet 😉

brack
    Free Member

That’s a bit off a myth me thinks….

Though we did used to remove a single shoe of timewasting drunks and lob it en route to the hosp….

Funny seeing who you’d treated the next day as they came hobbling out of A and E the next morning!

dr_death
    Free Member

We always wondered why all our drunkards had lost one shoe…..

dr_death
    Free Member

😉

MartynS

Though we did used to remove a single shoe of timewasting drunks and lob it en route to the hosp….

so thats why there is always one shoe in the central reservation of the motorway…..I can sleep now

BigDummy
    Free Member

Glad you’re OK. 🙂

(Since you’ve gone for the pro-helmet slant, it is worth noting that most of those of us who do not always wear helmets would never try to set a commuting PB while not wearing a helmet, and of course that the extent of your injuries if you hadn’t been wearing the helmet is a matter of conjecture. But that’s by-the-by and should not detract from the natural cheerfulness of walking away from a bad crash! 🙂 )

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

You’ll wish you weren’t wearing a helmet when the health & saftey people start moaning at you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Helmet almost certainly saved me….’ is closed to new replies.