Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Helly Hansen shirts?
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Are the ones with the stripes on the sleeve any good? any other I should consider?

TooTall
    Free Member

Depends what you want to do when wearing them. They do loads and in different warmths / thicknesses, from wicking to real sitting-still warmth. Read up on the differences. They are all good.

atlaz
    Free Member

I have a few as base layers. They’re great for that, not so good as a jersey replacement.

sambob
    Free Member

I liked mine, they begin to pong a bit after a while though. Wasn’t that durable, my Canterbury baselayer has fared far better. Gone grey though.

trailmonkey

they do get stinky but washing them on a 60 degree wash sorts it.

weirdnumber
    Free Member

I use the Lifa Strip Crew as a base layer and its fantastic for cool weather riding.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Excellent base layers. I’ve never had the smelly problem with them. I do tend to wash every day though. 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

I tried some, but the proportions were a bit weird for me. The body was fine, but the arms were really baggy and cut in quite tight to the armpits. These were both the LIFA Warm and Dry tops.

I might just be a weird shape though….plus I like my stuff skin tight.

On the plus side, the Helly Stuff can often be found cheap in places like Sports Direct etc.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No problem with getting it fitted here. The S is pretty toight.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Like Kendal Mint Cake – the original and the best.

flap_jack
    Free Member

old material (pre 2000) much better than the new stuff IMO

Jamie
    Free Member

No problem with getting it fitted here. The S XL is pretty toight.

FFTY.

xx

iainc

I got a Lifa Warm recently, to wear as a mid layer (over a thin merino) under a shell when its really foul and wet out – pretty impressed with it so far…

beats a normal cycling jersey in this role as no bulk/pockets etc

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Helly Hansen shirts?’ is closed to new replies.