Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Hello STW. how is everyone tonight? does anyone own a Meta 5.5?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

I need to know the shock I2I and the stroke length for a Meta 5.5 frame that I just bought from ebay. If you know the I2I and stroke and don't want to speak to me on the thread if you could simply email it to me that would be great.

Anyone reading this, enjoy your evening if you can.

JohnnyPanic

200 x 51 mate. Enjoy.

MrNutt
    Free Member

what you up to with that one then? got a build in mind?

Talkemada
    Free Member

I had a go on one of those once. Felt very comfy! 😀

sv

He is going to fold it in two and take a photo to show to his mate SteveB 😉

Dancake
    Free Member

I have one…its ace!

Currently awaiting a new 2010 frame on warranty (my 2009 is cracked 🙁 )

kaesae
    Free Member

Cheers me family.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey every one. I've been out riding since friday which just happend to be my 35th birthday. Since I haven't been able to ride for 2 years it was an awsome present. I was also out on saturday and yesterday I rode for 2 hours, it wasn't the plan but as soon as I started of I just kept going.

Staggered home with old people whizzing past me, a couple even cheared me up by laughing. I just need a bike to get about on, my mates loaned me one for another week. So I bought a 5.5 on ebay with a suspected cracked head tube since I'm not doing much on it hopefully it will be OK until I get something else.

Have no Idea of the I2I or stroke so I need to find out asap so I can buy one of ebay.

I should have some money soon but all my money is tied up in this and that being imported into the country.

I can ride and no matter how sh1t everything else is there is always that fact to make me smile and if I need to grin.

convert

Sorry, I'm just going to try and get my head around this. You are going to build up a suspected cracked 5.5" full sus frame and then ride it? Either your are going to

a) ride it like a pansy, in which case why lump around a heavy, bobbing full suss

or

b) crash and burn horribly!

or

C) give it a quick lick of paint and sell it on so someone else gets to do the face-plant dance.

If I had to choose any tube interface I'd not want to ride around on broken, I think it would be the headtube! Why didn't you buy a cheap as chips old HT if you are going to mince about then you wouldn't be looking for a shock or have to ride on egg shells waiting for the inevitable?

Talkemada
    Free Member

Good stuff Kaesea. Happy Birthday btw! 😀

fivespot
    Free Member

If you knock one of your performance bearings into the crack it might absorb the load and prevent further cracking 😆

allthegear
    Free Member

Happy birthday, Kaesae.

Rachel

steve_b77
    Free Member

Potential death is imminent 😆

mr_mills
    Free Member

Dancake
    Free Member

If I had to choose any tube interface I'd not want to ride around on broken, I think it would be the headtube! Why didn't you buy a cheap as chips old HT if you are going to mince about then you wouldn't be looking for a shock or have to ride on egg shells waiting for the inevitable

🙂 🙂

yep. my 456 frame plus AM2 forks cost me 90 quid and it is a riot. Only built it up to ride to work but it is a brilliant piece of kit to ride while the meta is ill.

NB I have only done 2 x 15 hr interval fork services since my meta was new (Aug 2009) so I guess that is 30 to 40 hrs in all before it started creaking and groaning (and half of that uphill) and then I noticed the cracks in the welds. I dont even ride hard (I am a bit of a pansy!)

I would not ride a meta with a headtube crack, dude

JohnnyPanic

Headtube crack is pretty unusual for a Meta.
    It's usually either the welds where the shock mounts are welded to the downtube (tiny cracks) or the top / seat tube area.

kaesae
    Free Member

Hey. It's only a suspected crack and since I'm getting over a back injury I will be riding like a pansy and the full sus is good to absorb the impacts and better for my back as well.

Plus if it's a bad crack I'll get it welded.

Thanks to all the well wishers. The bearings thread and the biking was the best present I could have got.

Mr_mills is that you offering to loan me your other half for my birthday? not for me thanks and I wouldn't go near a BBQ with bevvy on the go if I where you either!

mr_mills
    Free Member

I wouldn't go near a BBQ with bevvy on the go if I where you either!

Maybe if you BBQ'd the pig you could use some of its fat to grease your bearings with. Just a thought.

kaesae
    Free Member

Point taken.

You got me, I surrender!!!!

mr_mills
    Free Member
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

He did say 'suspected' and maybe he's examined it and it wasn't?

mr_mills
    Free Member

Where's he gone anyway??!

sv

Banned I would imagine. That meta will have a nice stiff rear end now 😉 Soak up some of that suspension movement.

mr_mills
    Free Member

And of course the performance bearings will be packed with super duper man-grease.

br
    Free Member

It was 195mm on the one I took apart last week, and that had cracked 90% of the way around the TT – about 2" from the HT

tomatoevousparlour
    Free Member

he says it will last twice as long outdoors,what if i ride it inside

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Hello STW. how is everyone tonight? does anyone own a Meta 5.5?’ is closed to new replies.