Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Hello, good enening and welcome.
  • Raincheck
    Free Member

Hi all.

I thought i should finally introduce myself, since I’ve been lurking for far too long. Sinse I’ve been riding aa couple of years, I don’t realy consider myself a noobie to mountain biking, just a very slow learner.
    I’ve given up trying to be fast, as I seem to only have one speed and spend most of my time pootle-ing(?) around.

I read about all you guys and girls meeting up at places like Swinley, and tell myself, ‘just need to get fitter’.
    Anyway after that preamble. I currently ride a Rock Lobster 853 thingy, but for my up comming 45th birthday, I’m considering getting a full suss. probably 120mm, since I don’t think I’ll need any more than that. My normal route is pretty flat realy. I start and finish Basingstoke canal towpath, head over to Horsell Common, Chobham Common, Sunningdale and Windlesham. Its only when I get to Deepcut/Pirbright way that full suss would be of much benefit. But if stops me getting a sore jacksy, then it might be worth it.

Today I had very brief road rides on a Ghost AMR 5900, which a think was perhaps slightly too big for me, and a zesty 314. I liked the more relaxed feel to that, but I noticed that If I turned the bars about 15 degrees or so, they wanted to keep on turning. Has anyone with a zesty noticed this? I don’t know if its anything to do with the slacker head angle than I’m used to, or the Mountain King tyres.

Anyway thats enough for now other than, favourite whisky is Dalwhinnie 15 yo, and favourite album is Hejira by Joni Mitchell.

Thank you and goodnight.

oldgit
    Free Member

Damn that’s a fine introduction, how on earth are we meant to be able to rip the **** out of you now huh?

Let me have a re read.

pastcaring
    Free Member

run while you still can!

oh and welcome

40mpg

You live in Basingstoke? Oh dear.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Hi. you’ll fit right in! Type something controversial…

ronjeremy
    Free Member

oldgit – Member
    Damn that’s a fine introduction, how on earth are we meant to be able to rip the **** out of you now huh?

Let me have a re read.

[cough]evening not enening[/cough]

Oh hi and welcome by the way, loving the Carter USM intro

Raincheck
    Free Member

I was hoping not to leave myself too wide open for attack. I’ve learnt that everyone is fair game 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

[cough]evening not enening[/cough]

It’s not much though is it, can we do something with this and Basingstoke?

Raincheck
    Free Member

40 mpg – Somewhere much worse, Woking (well just outside realy). I say that, but I’ve only been to Basingstoke once, and I can’t remember much about it. Is it worse than Bracknell?

ron – I’m a technician, we’re not able to spell, and it was meant to be David Frost!

nicko74

ron jeremy – Member

Oh hi and welcome by the way, loving the Carter USM intro
    Great minds…

A no-holds-barred half-nelson…

Oh, and welcome!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I currently ride a Rock Lobster 853 thingy

Excellent choice! Indeed, the choice of champions, no less (Elfinsafety Top Ten Finisher at international MTB races..)! 😀

How about a nice soothing bit of…

…Laibach???

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q5mlb3Bjzs[/video]

Raincheck
    Free Member

Elfinsafety – just played a few of there vids on youtube…interesting.

R.lepecha

Welcome, just my recomendation. Dont bother with a full suspension. If your getting arse ache stand up on the decents, Or maybe you need a change of saddle? Have a fiddle with different saddle angles or something.

montylikesbeer

we demand pictures of your back garden so we can rip the &i$$

Raincheck
    Free Member

I was thinking of getting one of those Thudbuster posts a while ago. Having said that my knees are a bit knackered, when i straighten my legs the knee caps grind away like theres no tomorrow. I had to go to the doctor the other day for a cortizone injection in my heel (**** thats painful), and I thought while I’m here I’ll ask why my thighs burn so much when I walk up stairs (I’ve read others suffer from it on here). He said its called ‘bungalow legs’ (cheeky sod). Long story short, it would seem I’m falling apart.

My garden is also shocking.

jedi

hiya and welcome- bikes rock 🙂

Raincheck
    Free Member

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

Jedi – I wish I had the balls to do the stuff you can do.

Northwind

So was that a proper Carterism or just a coincidence?

jedi

when it comes down to it, we all ride bikes 🙂

Raincheck
    Free Member

Purely coincidence.
    David Frost was the original, Carter USM just rehashed it 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Hello, good enening and welcome.’ is closed to new replies.