Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Heli tape – where to buy recommendations?
  • selaciosa
    Free Member

As the title suggests – new frame on the way. I want to keep it in decent nick and was looking for the best frame protection in terms of quality/value. Cheers.

alfabus
    Free Member

JRA?

flyingmonkeycorps

http://helitape.co.uk/

Thicker than a lot of the stuff you get, and I can vouch for Duane!

takisawa2

I got some off a chap on here.
    milldalecollins@aol.com was his email address.
    Its good stuff. £10 for 2m IIRC.

thefatrunner
    Free Member

I’ve used this stuff. Been on a couple of years with little problem.
    Biketart biketape

Bazz

+1 for Duane, good stuff.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Will it stop the stickers on my new Bombers coming off? They look like they will last a week before parting company with the forks.

m1kea
    Free Member

Do a search for 3M products, such as this.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

dangerousbeans – sure that isn’t the protective film covering the actual stickers? its meant to come off fairly quickly.
    so i’ve been told… mine look crap but can’t bring myself to pull the film off.

superfli
    Free Member

helitape.co.uk stuff is too thick imo. Takes heat and wet to apply and now a long time after its been applied, it can twist and bubble when gripped tightly. This didn’t happen on the thinner stuff, which is easier to apply too

dangerousdan
    Free Member

Sorry to threadjack but has anyone got any clue about whether it’s OK to slap this stuff on carbon frames?

superfli
    Free Member

helitape.co.uk stuff is too thick imo. Takes heat and wet to apply and now a long time after its been applied, it can twist and bubble when gripped tightly. This didn’t happen on the thinner stuff, which is easier to apply too

Mr5O
    Free Member

I got mine from justridingalong.com, been on a while now and is easy to use

likeomg
    Free Member

Sorry to threadjack but has anyone got any clue about whether it’s OK to slap this stuff on carbon frames?

hi, i have some on my mojo hd, its the stuff from biketape, not very impressed with it bought 2mx100mm… it’s not the same as the last lot i bought which i know was 100% genuine 3m

the thicker 3m stuff sticks to the carbon frame much better, the biketape stuff doesnt

carlphillips
    Free Member

another vote for duane here, it goes on easy with heat and more importantly stays put

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Heli tape – where to buy recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.