Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Heli tape on Motorbikes/Scooters
  • solamanda
    Free Member

I’m thinking of applying strips of heli tape to the sides of a scooter to prevent minor damage in the event of a slow speed fall. Has anyone done this? I’m concerned about any negative effects when trying to remove it at any stage from plastic panels.

I’ve used it on bikes lots with good effect but sometimes it can be a pain to remove.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I don’t think it would do much if anything at all to protect a dropped motorbike, he panels crack far too easily and the tape is designed to stop a small stone (~1g?) chipping the paint, not >150kg of motorbike.

giantalkali
    Free Member

Slight off topic, but where’s the best / chePest heli tape ? For a car door sill, very simple curve

craigxxl
    Free Member

On a scooter on the road a slow speed fall will still create more damage than a bit of helitape will protect against due the weight of the bike and a road surface.
    I do use the stuff on my motorbike but mainly to protect against areas prone to rubbing such as the frame near my boots. When you want to remove it just heat it gently with an hairdryer to loosen the glue then wipe of the residue with WD40.
    Other areas that would come into contact with frame have engine guards and axle sliders to minimise the damage.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Heli tape on Motorbikes/Scooters’ is closed to new replies.