Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Helen Skelton – Sport Relief challenge thing was just on BBC1
  • dawson

I know it was done to death a while ago, but those bikes were bloody ridiculous.

Good for her, for having a go though.

fenred
    Free Member

Agreed, she did really well! Good viewing…Inspiration to all young peeps, or should be.

Shame about those ‘bikes’ tho. At least I think thats what they were 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Good for her doing it with a big support crew & 4×4 trucks for support and washing & blow drying her hair. Not really a sporting attempt was it…

RustySpanner

Don’t like her, or Matt bloody Baker either.
    Trying too hard, completely in love with herself.

Sorry, but she just makes my skin crawl.

dawson

that 6-wheeler support wagon looked ace! Looked like a modified Toyota pick-up

higgo
    Free Member

Did she nearly lose a toe?
    I’ve got a matchbox on the mantle piece with nothing in it.

rewski
    Free Member

Rusty spanner you sound like a nice guy! Bit harsh old fella.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Would be easy to suggest that she was a bit of fluffeh opportunistic record breaking whatnot…but she’s clearly made of nails.

‘spect.

RustySpanner

I know. 🙁

Honestly, I’m lovely usually, but I’d put HS in the Piers Morgan/Clarkson/Frankie Boyle/Seb Coe subset of humans who make me feel physically ill.

I’m not proud of it, but there you go.

rewski
    Free Member

I respect your honesty, but she’s done good, unlike the sheister piers Morgan.

Jason
    Free Member

I thought she did well. Having watched the show earlier, she came across as being very positive through out the whole challenge. And she put in some long tough days. Although she seemed to make it hard for herself by ditching the kites (and trying to ride the bikes!) when the kites would have got them there sooner.

Until they showed the 4×4 i didn’t realise they were being shadowed by it, but I don’t think Helen and the guy used it, as they put a tent up for the doctor to check her when that could have been done in the back of the wagon.

PJM1974
    Free Member

She really has done good…and she hasn’t tried to hawk newspapers, promise the public a whole load of shite or bought a Ford GT. And the comparison to Frankie Boyle?

RustySpanner

PJM1974 – Member

And the comparison to Frankie Boyle?

Both make me want to scrub my entire body with bleach.
    Sorry, not a rational response, but as with Matt Baker I just find that she inspires an irrational negative reaction.

bruk

I can understand the irrational reaction thing. I have that to Chris Moyles. Actually wanted him to have a heart attack or fall off a cliff whilst he was climbing Kilimanjaro.

Scratch that hating Moyles isn’t irrational, he’s just a t***pot.

slimjim78
    Free Member

she’s the double of my sister in law, and that’s why i’m totally in love with her..

martinxyz
    Free Member

Matt Baker does my head in too. I now turn the tv off or switch channels whenever I hear him.

pedalhead
    Free Member

I don’t know if it’s just because of how it was filmed but that felt like the least epic “challenge” I’ve ever seen. Maybe something to do with the apparent lack of preparation & training, which actually (sadly) wasn’t an issue due to the full belt & braces support team following everywhere.. Makes even more of a mockery of the bold “world record” claims they were making before the trip.

MussEd
    Free Member

Err she did do fair bit of training and prep which were shown (and discussed/slated on here) a few months ago…we all know how easy it would be to undertake something like this, because we all go snowbiking/nordic skiing/kiteskiing all the time dont we? Yes she had a support truck right up her caboose but give the lass some slack!

Face it it the closest most of us come to something like this is reading a thread on which ice tyres to buy every November once the papers/BBC whip us into a snowmageddon frenzy….I think she did well and only really see petty jealousy

Ps she had a blister the size of a 20p piece!!!

sparkyrhino

I must admit i do think shes the bees knees
    I have the bottle of dark pee sample she produced on the show,i like to sniff it every morning.

aracer
    Free Member

Just caught a bit of Blue Peter on this. The whole “world record” thing still irritates me. Yes within the strictly defined parameters of a world record being something that Guinness World Records recognizes, this is a “world record” – however most normal people presumably think a world record is the best that has ever been done. In the case of this latest kite skiing one, she is claiming a record for covering 100km in 7h 28min – only a record because nobody has claimed one for this distance before. There is an existing kite skiing record for 595km in 24 hours, you do the math…

swiss01
    Free Member

i’d quite like it if someone flew me away somewhere like antarctica. had a whole big back up team etc and paid me for the privilege. alternatively i might think to myself the money might be better spent on the water project she’s so keen on and maybe make a film about that. guess tho, that’s maybe not as interesting as the blonde girl having a ‘challenge’

MoreCashThanDash

Given the contents of slimjims post, I think we’ve really missed an opportunity to take this WAAAAAY OT!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Helen Skelton – Sport Relief challenge thing was just on BBC1’ is closed to new replies.