• This topic has 42 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jwt.
Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Helen Skelton Riding to South Pole
  • paul78
    Free Member

Just feel like its maybe a great opportunity to accomplish something that hasn’t been done before that looks like it may go to waste…

No one has ridden to the south pole.. EVER !! thats not marketing bullshit… there definately has been longer rides on snow .. every year 🙂

It just feels a little half arsed … it costs so much money to go there why not give it all … the marketing machine could have had a field day doing alot of build up pieces testing the bike etc but instead they throw out some half arsed facts and a pretty crappy intro video to the challenge.

Either way you cut it its going to be a very hard time in the Antarctic but she will possibly come away with no credible achievement as the challenge is diluted bu skis and kites etc coupled to outlandish marketing claims…

Probably missing the whole point as its just to raise money and not for personal achievement and yes I am jealous as have considered this challenge in the past as a pipedream but costs are insane.

jameso

Ask her if you can tag along Paul.. If you don’t ask )

‘Dear Blue Peter… ‘

Although watching her on that clip talking about skins for her tyres make me think the chance to be first biker to the pole will still be open for a while yet.

jwt
    Free Member

In true Blue Peter tradition, one of the presenters is doing something inspiring, I still remember John Noakes’s 5 mile free fall and his Cresta run crash in a bob-sleigh.
    Regardless of whether she is supported or not, or whether someone else has been further or done it first, she’s a better role model than many ‘celebrities’, especially the current TOWIE,X-factor, Britain’s not got talent lot,many of who see fame as a ticket to an easy life.
    All IMHO of course.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Helen Skelton Riding to South Pole’ is closed to new replies.