Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Heinnie Knife Website
  • brakes
    Free Member

Been looking at getting a gift for someone and I know that a few on here have used the Heinnie website to buy knives.
    I know nothing about this, but they seem rather expensive. Is it this site that is expensive or is that how much you have to spend?

willard

If you want quality, you pay for it.

I actually found Heinnie very reasonable when I bought my Fallknivven, but their prices do reflect the relative strength/weakness of the pound against the Euro (for European manufacturers).

What sort of thing were you looking to get?

brakes
    Free Member

something like this

willard

You do know that, unless you have a damned good reason for carrying something like that, it would be considered an offensive weapon (i.e. blade longer than 3" and locking).

What are your requirements for a knife by the way? There may be alternatives…

foxyrider
    Free Member

I have Henckel (ZWILLING J.A. HENCKELS) knives and they are good value. get a good sharp edge and don't cost the earth and like on "The Resaurant" you can open tin cans with them 😉

Oh are we talking about outdoor knives – sorry – oops 😉

brakes
    Free Member

it's a gift for someone who has something of a similar guise, but it's not good quality and needs replacing
    it's to be used as a general purpose knife, not for skinning crabs or plucking horse's eyebrows or anything specific

Aristotle
    Free Member

If you need a fixed blade:

11quid

If you need a folder:

7quid
    Treat the handle to prevent it swelling when wet.

brakes
    Free Member

they're not very Crocodile Dundee though are they?

willard

Always buy quality… You can tell a cheap bit of steel in a very short time.

As I said above, Falknivven are worth a look. Blades come from Solingen (or so I am told) and they are very sharp, very durable and very well made. I know a lot of people that use Opinels though and they say it takes a good edge.

This one might be of use to you…

http://www.heinnie.com/fln78x645604/Knives/Fallkniven/F%C3%A4llkniven-U2/p-92-139-962/

Just looked for the new version of mine, it's a fair bit more expensive now.

Aristotle
    Free Member

Opinels are great and easily modified. I've had various sizes and use them for all kinds. They're so cheap that losing or breaking one isn't a problem.

Although Frost knives are cheap, the steel is superb. Do a search on the www -they're very popular and the Clipper is even Endorsed by Ray Mears

woffle
    Free Member

I've got a custom-made fixed-blade knife with a banded wood handle and decent Maihkel Eklund steel blade (he's a very good maker, complete knifes of his are hundreds of Euroes). Comes in a leather sheath etc. Can't remember exact figures when I bought it but was £££ – it's in fantastic condition, don't think it's cut anything bar paper since I got it. Can send through pics etc if you'd be interested at £50…

Brainflex

http://www.britishblades.com

but hide your wallet

web_toed_marsdener
    Free Member

Had a Gerber Gator given years ago. Very tough and weather proof.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Heinnie Knife Website’ is closed to new replies.