Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • HEEELLLLPPPP – I cannot think of anything to get the mrs for christmas
  • highclimber
    Free Member

I know you don’t know her but I am just hopeless at thinking of things she might like or want.
    around the £100 mark that is categorically not an appliance! that much I know!
    Suggestions please…anything!!

thanks

BlobOnAStick

Handbag?

Shoes?

binners

Really nice underwear is a win/win for everyone involved 😀

BlobOnAStick

Kindle? (or is that an appliance?)

singletracked
    Free Member

Skagen or Boccia Watch

midlifecrashes

Watch?

Jewellery?

Tickets?

Kindle?

molgrips
    Free Member

Tried asking her for a list?

BigJohn

Some sort of pampering that she can’t usually justify? Spa or hairdo pampering that is.

highclimber
    Free Member

I’ve asked her numerous times for suggestions or hints but got nothing in response.

I got her jewelry last year, clothes and the like are a minefield of wrong sizes and colours.

Bunnyhop

What are her hobbies?
    Does she like baking – loads of great books around, pretty cake tins, piping stuff, aprons (maybe these are all classed as appliances)etc.
    Is she a gardener? – Seeds to sew, planters to put things in ready for spring, gardening tools.
    Knitting and sewing is popular at the moment.

highclimber
    Free Member

Spa or hairdo pampering that is

There is a spa place nearby but I keep thinking ‘would want it for a christmas present’. bearing in mind that I am not a girl, perhaps it is the wrong question to the wrong person.

molgrips
    Free Member

My wife just wants CDs or a floor loom which would cost £2.5k and a new house in which to put it 🙂

And spas etc don’t have universal appeal – my wife would hate it.

caspian
    Free Member

Was in that situation yesterday. My mrs made it easy by subtly filling baskets on various websites and leaving the tabs open on the ipad. Still took me about two weeks to smell the coffee!

She have any close siblings? Ask her sister what she wants. Your mrs that is, not her sister.

hammerite
    Free Member

I know CDs and DVDs are a bit old skool nowadays, but are there any she might like?

Are you looking at a bigger present around £100, or lots of smaller presents totalling £100.

The OH and I decided to buy ourselves an iPad instead of Christmas presents. Trouble is now she’s dropped the line “I’ve got you something small so you have something to open on Christmas day”. FFS why did she do that? I’m going to have to go out and buy a Buble CD or something similar now.

highclimber
    Free Member

she recently aquired a sewing machine and does like baking, great stuff keep em coming. thanks

woody2000

I’ve asked her numerous times for suggestions or hints but got nothing in response.

Then she gets nowt. Donate the £100 to charity, she obviously doesn’t need anything.

fasthaggis

How about doing some of those jobs she asked you do ,but you went out cycling instead 😛

scaled
    Free Member

hobbies are where its at.

Mrs has a new pair of overshoes, a bike cleaning kit, carbon bottle cage – you see where i went with this year 😀

Oh, and a few quids worth of Bobbi Brown make up – seems to be the predominant name on the dressing table, obviously it’s going to be the wrong stuff but its the thought that counts and she can always take it back to John Lewis and exchange it for what she wants, i see it as more of a gift voucher as it’s such a minefield 😀

jekkyl

buy her a weekend away with you,
    tix to a london show?
    city break? amsterdam, paris, dublin etc
    although these might cost more than £100.

Bunnyhop

she recently aquired a sewing machine and does like baking, great stuff keep em coming. thanks

There are some gorgeous sewing boxes and cake making gifts in many shops.
    Try local craft shops, where the staff really know their stuff.

I would love one of those enormous cake mixers, howeve santa has sent an uppy downy seat post (this is a very happy bunnyhop) 🙂

missnotax
    Free Member

A nice dinner? I went to the River Cottage place earlier this year and that was fun and a memorable expeience (and within your budget!).

patriotpro
    Free Member

highclimber – Member

I got her jewelry last year, clothes and the like are a minefield of wrong sizes and colours.

She’s trying to hint she wants the money instead. 😉

highclimber
    Free Member

sewing and baking books ordered, now for the sexy underwear!

McHamish
    Free Member

My wife’s into sewing (last years christmas present from me).

This year amongst other things I’m getting her;

Fiskars Pinking Shears (my Mum tells me this brand is good quality)
    A rotary fabric cutter with a chopping mat thing
    Book 1 – Sew Over It: Sew it, wear it, love it
    Book 2 – The Bag Making Bible: The Complete Guide to Sewing and Customizing Your Own Unique Bags

She also likes Sanctuary and Molten Brown soap stuff – apparently this stuff is good quality.

Get her a load of stuff up to £100 rather than 1 thing, then she’s got loads of stuff to open (down side is you’ll have to do more wrapping).

highclimber
    Free Member

Thanks for that McHamish, i’ll look into those. she’s always going on about making cushions and stuff but I don’t think she actually knows how to properly use the machine yet!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I bought mine one of these as an early present, she was well chuffed..

not every woman will want one though!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Casio Sheen watch

as worn by Claire Danes:

(ok, maybe she has a more expensive one on – maybe £180)

highclimber
    Free Member

I did promise that I would build her a bike one day(she’s hardly ever ridden a bike since she was a kid) but I don’t know how she would take to me buying her a new frame!

Bunnyhop

Hey don’t put me out of business highclimber- professional seamstress here 😉

TurnerGuy
    Free Member
    singletrackmind

Clarins or Molton Brown smellys .
    Got a couple of wrapped gift packs which look ace and were less then £50 each.
    ( for my sister + mum )

Add to it a Owl flying gift voucher and you have about 2 bases covered .

Diamonds and eye wateringly expensive pants if your brave enough

tomhoward

Seriously? 31 posts and no ones mentioned it?

Fine, I’ll do it.

Rabbit?

RichPenny
    Free Member

We’ve had early pres ents (that weren’t for xmas, we just haven’t bought much this year and needed an excuse). I explained to my wife that I’d like to get something small for xmas but she insists I can’t get anything for her. I’m a bit disappointed really 🙁 Maybe i could get something for your wife?

fourbanger
    Free Member

Something for her bike. Thread closed.

binners

Tom – I was going too, but technically it’s an appliance 😉

mightymule
    Free Member

Jewellery

Harry_the_Spider

frazered
    Free Member

Sealskinz socks at 25 quid. Genuine request from my bird indoors ! No more will be spent!

poly
    Free Member

Oh, and a few quids worth of Bobbi Brown make up – seems to be the predominant name on the dressing table, obviously it’s going to be the wrong stuff but its the thought that counts and she can always take it back to John Lewis and exchange it for what she wants, i see it as more of a gift voucher as it’s such a minefield

I got major brownie points for this last year… look at the colours she has and have some sort of description of her skin tone hair colour and the women will help extract the money from your wallet. What’s more if she is a regular they may even have her details on the system and look up for you what she buys – big brother? or bloody genius…

highclimber
    Free Member

Rabbit?

The dog wouldn’t like that! 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘HEEELLLLPPPP – I cannot think of anything to get the mrs for christmas’ is closed to new replies.