Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Heavy Metal denim jacket ,have you still got yours.
  • 66deg
    Free Member

Here’s mine from back in the day , i can’t fit in it anymore but a few years ago my wife wore it to a Deep Purple gig in Marseille ,needless to say it was the only one there and she was the only one with long hair.
    If your wondering that bit at the bottom of jacket is the front cover from Ritchie Blackmore’s Rainbow album.
    [/url] Hébergeur d’images[/img]

nbt

Yes I do, well one of them anyway – the small one that I ripped the sleeves off so I could wear it as a denim waistcoat. I took the badges off the bigger one as quite frankly it was too disgusting to wear again, it was fleece lined and the fleece had soaked up many many many undesirable things. All at home though so no pics available

volatilemike
    Free Member

Got one in the wardrobe somewhere, will see if I can find it later! I mean I’m 25 now, but wore one when I was 12-17 or thereabouts.

Yes I was extremely cool and wore a denim jacket over my school uniform. Metal power.

plumber
    Free Member

I have pictures of one of mine

I was often complimented on my needlepoint 🙂

MY other jacket had the full rainbow rising cover but its long gone

keithd
    Free Member

Unfortunately not. Mine had metal badges on the front and a painting of Ogri on the back. wore it over my biker jacket. It was ceremonially thrown in the Irish Sea returning from the TT one year!

cupra
    Free Member

Yes and it still fits 🙂 Woo Hoo! That said, I don’t actually wear it in public, just around the house 😉

Saccades
    Free Member

Have mine somewhere – Spent an age adding “Slaine” as in the 2000AD comic hero and loads of people used to tell me they loved the band…

St

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Mine was stolen when i was at college, I’d love to still have it, and the mass of badges.
    I had mine back in the day that any new denim clothing was like deep blue cardboard and you had to get you’re mam to wash things ten times before you wore them.

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

Yes, somewhere, with “DOCTOR & THE CRIPPENS” right across the back. Awesome.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I’ve still got my haversack with Rainbow painted on the flap.

ji
    Free Member

I had several, but sadly all gone. A really nice leather jacket with badges and studs, plus several sleeveless denims to go over it – favourite was one with most of Marillion’s Script fr a Jesters Tear on the back plus the harlequin. Dunno where they went….

MrsToast
    Free Member

My mom threw mine out. 🙁 I remember it well though, it had a Metallica Ride the Lightning patch on the right arm, a Slayer patch on the left arm, big Pantera patch on the back, alongside a couple of Anthrax, Sepultura and White Zombie patches.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Does anyone think this is worth anything? photo signed by Bruce Bruce (Dickinson) before his Iron Maiden days

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Also, can anyone name these guitarists? I definitely can name the obvious one.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Top is Alex Lifeson. Middle is Dio? I think.

passtherizla
    Free Member

Yep, still have it, still fits and yes I still wear it.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Bottom pic looks like David St Hubbins. :mrgreen:

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Yes, still got it and wore it to the Steel Panther gig this year!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/mtY2Bs]IMG_2567[/url] by -Cheesyfeet-, on Flickr

This was us (minus the photobombed in the background)

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Here’s another one of Dave St Hubbins. I’m actually a bit concerned now, how my sister got this one. I’m wondering if she was a ‘backstage’ groupie, on the quiet.

pedropete

1 Alex Lifeson
    2 Ritchie Blackmore
    3 The mysterious Michael Schenker
    If I remember correctly, you could buy the photos from the same emporium that you got your badges, patches & t shirts from. There used to be a great one near west Croydon station. I used to go up there every weekend. Happy days!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Anyone remember Shades record store in that there London? Great shop

sas78

That Samson picture is epic B A Where did you get it?

Massive Bruce fan here!

devs
    Free Member

Mine might still be in my Mum’s attic. It probably wouldn’t fit my right thigh now. I’ve probably seen all the bands I had on it in the last 4 years. Not bad considering it must be 33 years old!

alexpalacefan

Pedropete, I remember that place by W Croydon.
    Cripes it must be 30 years ago!
    And Shades too
    APF

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

It’s all my older sisters stuff, I somehow inherited them and her record collection. She was a huge metal fan for a few years and used to go to gigs just about every weekend.
    tbh, I don’t know if the Samson photo was for sale pre signed at the gig in their hundreds or whether she actually collared them to sign it, but I’m 90% certain she would have been at the gig.
    The Schenker ones she’s written on the backs ‘UFO Edinburgh Odean June 30th 1978’. I think they are all genuinely her photos, but you never know.

bob_summers

I found mine in a drawer at my dad’s a while back. It wasn’t as amazing as I’d remembered, some patches gone (prob nicked by my sister) but the big AC/DC Flick of the Switch (ie about their worst album) glittery back patch remains. I do remember tearing the sleeves off by trapping them in a vice as I couldn’t find scissors… would’ve been 13 or 14 ish.

Sundayjumper

I never had a denim jacket but my leather jacket has the cover of Master of Puppets painted across the whole of the back. Done in about 1990. I still have it and it still fits. Yay me 🙂

Northwind

Never had one but still got my first leather jacket somewhere, covered in badges… Was always tempted to paint it but knew I’d **** it up and couldn’t afford another 😆

bigmick25
    Free Member

Massive Bruce fan here!

Those Samson photos were given out pre signed at the gig I have one somewhere.

eskay

nbt – Member

Yes I do, well one of them anyway – the small one that I ripped the sleeves off so I could wear it as a denim waistcoat.

Did you turn your drop handlebars upside down as well to top off the look?

nbt

😀

No, but I saved up and put mag wheel on my raleigh burner :p

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I upgraded my jacket to a leather one and ditched the denim back in the day. Still got the leather one and still get into it.

Sadly I think Paul Samson died of Cancer a few years back, used to share a flat with his drummer and keyboard player. Once went to Bruce Dickinsons ex wifes party, got drunk, fell in the pool and was then taken home in a Corvette boot, happy days.

Yep, used to spend time in Shades off Wardour street before going to the Marquee up the road for gigs.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Heavy Metal denim jacket ,have you still got yours.’ is closed to new replies.