Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Heavily pregnant wife’s birthday – ideas please!
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I am really struggling. We have already been away for a break (apparently they are called ‘Babymoons’ now – I kid you not) and she had various pregnancy-friendly treatments whilst away, for which the family are clubbing together to buy for her birthday. I don’t want to buy her anything else baby-related (not for the main gift anyway) but clothes are a bit out as she will either only be wearing them for a few months or not able to fit into them for a few months).

I don’t want to get any post-pregnancy massages/treatments etc either as I was going to treat her to that anyway.

Any ideas???? (She did mention a large diamond ring, but sadly the impending twins mean I won’t be splashing out to such an extent).

Confused from Harrogate…

watly_biker
    Free Member

Boring but nice… a quality dressing gown for wearing most of the time once little ones arrives ? I found mine v useful when up in the night, and when not managing to get dressed until lunchtime, Thewhitecompany do nice ones.
    What about subscription to lovefilm or similar (as going to the cinema when you have little people rarely happens – when we get out we normally go out to eat).
    If not clothes maybe accessories – necklaces, earrings ?
    What about a sub to Singletrack magazine!

Mister-P
    Free Member

XTR chainset?

yossarian
    Free Member

do you have any scan pics of your twins?

if so make a really nice card with a picture of them on the front wishing happy birthday to their lovely mummy, can’t wait to see her etc etc

you will be in the good books for at least a week 🙂

2hottie
    Free Member

Couple of DVD’s, chocolates nice pair of slippers, dressing gown, take away meal and a nice evening in.

Simples…

VanHalen

half ounce of cutters choice, slim filters and blue rizla along with a posh bottle of red to enjoy post pregnancy?

GW
    Free Member

a nights un-interupted sleep? 😉

owenfackrell
    Free Member

If you want to staer clear of baby things then i would look at some thing like a necklace or such but not qa ring as she shouldn’t be waring one at the mo or for a while afterwards. Another thought is a DVD boxset that you know she likes as this is what i got my wife and she ended up watching it when she couldn’t sleep.

AndyRT
    Free Member

how about an emergency time out! Twins are going to be tiring for her over the next few months, so, but her something to look forward to, a retreat, an adventure….you know her best… whilst family takes over etc…just a couple of days, because any longer and she’ll feel guilty.

jova54
    Free Member

How about this?…… http://www.rallyschool.co.uk/

IGMC

doc_blues
    Free Member

what about a maternity photoshoot with a pro-photographer who does that kind of thng- get them to capture some images of the both of you, as well of her and the bump in all their gloriousness (that was very hard to construct as a sentence without sounding all pervy).

I shot some of my SO when she was mildly pregnant and some when she was days away from popping – have used them as promo material for my website to good effect (in attracting new clients), but more importantly, the SO loved them – said they made her feel amazing.

StuF

A good camera for taking the 1000’s of photos of the new arrivals

richc
    Free Member

a rocket, everyone wants one deep down even if they don’t realise it.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I took my pregnant girlfriend to Woburn Safari Park for her birthday and she loved it. Not too much walking, we could take food to keep her belly fed and we sat watching giraffes (her favourite animal) while we ate lunch. Simple and not too expensive but scored me a shed load of brownie points.

steve-g
    Free Member

I just mis-read promo their, that would have been a whole different story

doc_blues
    Free Member

’tis not that kind of website, though I can see how the confusion might arise! 🙂

2tyred

Vouchers or money put aside for clothes shopping once she returns to her normal size.

samuri
    Free Member

A swear box.

tankslapper
    Free Member

I feel your pain man. I too am in the same position!

My guess is CHOCOLATE or a Swedish Au pair?

zaskar
    Free Member

A husband who knows his wife?

Just spend a few days listening to her! bring a note pad…

heresjonny
    Free Member

how about the services of a wet nurse for a few days so you can get some SLEEP zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

fliptophead
    Free Member

An insulated mug, as you won’t be enjoying an uninterrupted cuppa for a while. Seriously.

therealhoops
    Free Member

V-pillow if you haven’t already got a million

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yes – the sleep thing will be a fun one to overcome. Currently not getting much anyway as my wife isn’t sleeping well hence I am not either.

Some interesting ideas there though – many thanks. 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

A cleaner or a cook for after the babies are born? 😉

Jewellery? Earrings always go down well here.

bensales
    Free Member

I was in this position a couple of months back (little fella is coming on Friday) and it was also her 30th.

I went for a custom charm bracelet from The Charm Works. Put charms on it that were personal to her, us, and some to do with the baby.

She loves it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Make her a voucher that says “slave for a day – to be redeemed anytime” or something similar. Seems like you can’t think of anything to spend money on so giving her your time instead might be appropriate.

Include services such as foor and back rubs, bath running, nightime childcare/ hoovering/ cooking – whatever you can think of.

Sometimes money is not the most important thing

geoffj

If she doesn’t already have one, an iPod with some some calming choonz for her ‘me’ time once the little bundles of joy have arrived.

Edit: Actually forget that – ‘me’ time with twins isn’t going to happen until they have left home

theflatboy
    Free Member

Mister P – Member

XTR chainset?

😆

crikey
    Free Member

Jeez you lot are losing your touch.

Why has no-one said the obvious yet?

A VASECTOMY!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

A VASECTOMY!

Well, if you knew how they were conceived (like the majority on here do) you would know there is no need – they are IVF babbies. Not that I care that my little soldiers weren’t quite right – it worked out for us first time and I will never have to have the snip either.

🙂

FoxyChick
    Free Member

A charm bracelet with one charm on it…then you can give her a charm to go on it on special occasions.

Or a locket…hopefully soon she’ll have 2 lovely photos to put in it!

DO NOT GIVE HER ANYTHING BABY RELATED!!!!!! 😉

Ah, just read bensales post…beaten me to it!
    I googled charm bracelets and this link made me laugh…quite fitting I reckon!!
    http://www.linksoflondon.com/online-shop/women/charms

crikey
    Free Member

Well, if you knew how they were conceived (like the majority on here do) you would know there is no need – they are IVF babbies. Not that I care that my little soldiers weren’t quite right – it worked out for us first time and I will never have to have the snip either.

Ah, I see…
    Sorry for being unfamiliar with the efficacy of your semen! I’d buy her some washing up gloves in your size, and a promise that you will do more than your fair share of housework…

GrahamS

Some nice new clothes for after the baby is born?

http://www.tshirthell.com/babyhell.shtml

JoeBones
    Free Member

wheelbarrow?

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

We have twins…..
    I’m struggling ….
    just thinking…..

No.
    Sorry.

Theyre not as bad as the teenager though.

lister

Gin.
    And a lemon.
    And a lime.
    And as a special, thoughtful touch…slimline tonic! 😉

TenMen
    Free Member

My advice is – don’t bother. No matter what you do, you’re not having sex again for at least another year, so the normal reasons for putting in a bit of effort don’t apply. Just buy her some flowers and a bumper box of sweets and enjoy the peace while it lasts.

akira

I got my wife a fancy silk shrug thing that she could wear while pregnant and was nice but could also wear afterwards as well, then some slippers with heated bits in them. A pregnancy massage is a very good idea as well, my wife had some when she was carrying the twins and loved it.

NZCol

Dress up nice, candles, massage oil etc then turn her round and pretend you are playing the double bass….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Heavily pregnant wife’s birthday – ideas please!’ is closed to new replies.