Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Heaven of the South, anyone doing this?
  • tang
    Free Member

http://www.heavenofthesouth.co.uk/
    right on my doorstep. I know the area fairly well and should have some great trails, really beautiful part of the cotswolds.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Looks good but the site is awful. No idea what the tickets are for, whats half a ticket? child if so how old does a child have to be not to need a ticket?

Might try and do it.

peteimpreza

Tang if you want to do the trails I’ll show you around for free. No need to fork out £30.

Or do simialr trails on the Evans ride for £10

tang
    Free Member

Yes Pete must do it soon, busy over the silly weekends, but Ian and I would love a look. I’ll be in touch!

bassspine
    Free Member

I’m going. My 15yr old son is going along too. ahh! father/son bonding experience, his first mountain bike event – he’d better wait for me on the hills 😕

spokebloke
    Free Member

Looks good but the site is awful. No idea what the tickets are for, whats half a ticket? child if so how old does a child have to be not to need a ticket?

Granted it was a little confusing, I apologise. Sorted now.

Tang if you want to do the trails I’ll show you around for free. No need to fork out £30.

It’s for charity. Ho hum.

Or do simialr trails on the Evans ride

Completely different event. But you’ll get a free gel with Evans. Enjoy.

MrOvershoot

About 200 meters from my old house!!

Only I now live 180 miles away, SIL who is visiting this weekend mentioned this event as they live in Wotton-under-Edge.

Shame I can’t make it as the tracks round there are superb when its been dry 😀

sofaking
    Free Member

was booked up to do this. now they’ve changed the campsite with a “no dogs” addition looks like we wont be able to go.

prety shonky if you ask me

spokebloke
    Free Member

To be honest the change of site is a PITA for a lot of people – fortunately it’s worked out for the best (better showers, access etc).
    The only downside is that it’s dog free. Sorry.

singlespeedstu

So are you going to refund people that can’t come because of the no dogs change of policy?

spokebloke
    Free Member

Well this is a sticky one. If the only reason you were coming was because you could bring your dog, then I suppose so.

I would have thought most people were coming to ride, and bringing their dog was secondary.

singlespeedstu

But it might be a bit late to organise other arrangements for looking after the dog.

Looks like i’ll be emailing for a refund then. Sorry that it looks like it’ll be a great event we’ll be missing out on.

sofaking
    Free Member

quite a few people take there dogs with them to weekend bike do’s so an email to let everyone know would be a good idea or you might be turning away quite a few people over the weekend.

spokebloke
    Free Member

Yep, appreciate that sofaking.
    The information has been up on the website, and the info email is due to go out on Monday.

spokebloke
    Free Member

But it might be a bit late to organise other arrangements for looking after the dog.

Looks like i’ll be emailing for a refund then. Sorry that it looks like it’ll be a great event we’ll be missing out on.

Email sent. Sorry.

singlespeedstu

not recieved anything yet?

singlespeedstu

Email sent. Sorry.

I’m still waiting for my email/ refund.

sofaking
    Free Member

bump. awaiting email about refunds here too. 🙁

spokebloke
    Free Member

Dogs are now allowed at Heaven – to be fair it’s due to singlespeedstu – he called the council and found that there is no bye-law banning dogs – contrary to the sign that’s been there 30 years.

Sorry for any hassle caused.
    Hope to see you at the weekend.
    Al

singlespeedstu

to be fair it’s due to singlespeedstu

To be double fair it was cheesybeanz that spoke to one of his council contacts. I just passed the info on to spokebloke

bullheart
    Free Member

Excellent news all round! Well done cheesybeanz! Well done SSStu! Well done Al!

Well done steak with some nice chunky chips and a mesquite dip!

charliedontsurf

It’s great to see these real world “low fi” events.
    Grass roots events is where it’s at. Its ok to be a bit rough round the edges if your heart is in the right place, and as mountainbikers we are all a bit rough. Planning stuff like this is damned hard work.
    I would be there and really want to be but have less fun things to do.
    Have fun guys.
    Enjoy the cider.

Zappa
    Free Member

I’m going. Really looking forward to it. I’m worried about the climbing though as I’m just getting over a recent bout of Pleurisy which meant I’ve not actually been able to ride for 6 weeks!

Milkie
    Free Member

I’ve not entered, but I’ll pop along, now dogs are allowed and give my support to the Roller Racers!

Becca
    Free Member

Brilliant event! Great route, met lots of nice people and Saturday night was cider fuelled fun!

Colin-T

Aye, top fun. Really good atmosphere and vibe. Couldn’t stay for the cider on Saturday but probably just as well after the Friday.

spokebloke
    Free Member

I had to stay on site, but heard that someone was sick at the top of the first climb. Superb.

sofaking
    Free Member

nice chilled weekend and some nice trails to boot.
    a very grass roots level feel to the whole weekend.

top cider too 😆

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Heaven of the South, anyone doing this?’ is closed to new replies.