Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 141 total)
  • Heatwave
  • Edukator
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE2fnYpwrng[/video]

41°C forecast for Bordeaux and it’s heading your way.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnQK53FMxGw[/video]

38°C for Paris later

There’s a sheet over the only window without shutters, I used the toaster outside to make breakfast, and turning anything electrical on in the house apart from an amplifier or a PC is banned for the day.

The limit at the local pool is 1400 entries, best get there early.

bearnecessities

Already beautiful & 21 deg in W.Yorks.

Day off 8)

Hope the day passes quickly for folk working indoors!

ernie67

Bloody dreamt of mornings like this when commuting in the winter – 6am with my shorts & t-shirt on ….love it ! ( needed a change of clothes & plenty of deodorant when i got to work like )

bikebouy
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYITD8TMvcM[/video]

Stoner
    Free Member

I have the joy of a day in the smoke today 🙁

Made slightly better by taking the motorbike out for an hour to a station further down the line at 6am on empty roads.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Day off today..
    New contract starting tomorrow..
    On the plus side, it’s working outside surveying, so if the weather holds… I’ll be happy.

anagallis_arvensis

Right kids today we are heating stuff with bunsen burners for no apparent reason.

BillMC

Down the allotment until it gets unbearable then a few bits of even more serious relaxation. Good preparation for Lisbon on Saturday. Happy days.

Drac

Off today pub later.

Bring it on!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Munqe Chick working nights so will be trying to sleep in it 😕

zippykona

We are on holiday with similar temps so missing it really. Back Thursday to the rain.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Half day for me, today.

School sports day and down the pub after with the other school parents… they are a good gang.

Tomorrow whole day off … driving to the Lakes for sadly just 24 hours… dad’s 70th and my sister and I are going to surprise him, but I gotta come back on thrusday … boo.

teasel
    Free Member

Heading out on the local trails in about an hour or so. I’m guessing, despite the heat, a sleeveless top is still a no no…

8)

IvanDobski
    Free Member

[smug mode]A heatwave, the rest of the week off AND a new bike to take on its maiden voyage.[/smug mode]

8)

oldejeans
    Free Member

not a heatwave

mogrim

40C here in Madrid today, same as yesterday. Far too hot. Thank god for a/c.

rocketman
    Free Member

Lovely weather I’m not really comfortable until it’s in the 30s

hels
    Free Member

Can somebody tell Scotland ? Was chilly in the Borders this morning.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

yegads M5 bakeoff challenge.

fasthaggis

Oh aye,the heatwave 🙄 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZsMsAsc8Lw[/video]

Kryton57

teasel – Member
    Heading out on the local trails in about an hour or so. I’m guessing, despite the heat, a sleeveless top is still a no no…

You are right – I had to wear light arm warmers in the Forest the other day to avoid being ripped to shreds.

Today though, I’ve booked my self a “hot office”, which has the air con set low and my own personal kitchen with coffee perculator next door. Had a lovely ride (well, a 31kph sweat ridden road blast) last night so today is a rest day.

Tomorrow night though – when its predicted to max out at 33 – I is MTB racing, ouch.

Klunk
    Free Member

fettling in the sun for me this morning 🙂

binners

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abFJuqp867g[/video]

Drac

You are right – I had to wear light arm warmers in the Forest the other day to avoid being ripped to shreds.

Oh dear did you get an owie?

Kryton57

Mock all you want Drac, let me know if you want a guided spin in Epping Forest one evening at this time of year and please come sleeveless.

Start thinking of excuses to tell you work colleagues regarding your apparent “self harming”.

ahwiles
    Free Member

it might even reach 25dC in Yorkshire, people are scared.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Stunning pootle in on the foldie past the docks and offices of that Canary Wharf. Shades on, open jacket, cheesy grin, girls in short skirts and shades and small handbags.
    Looking forward to the Lunch/Humans/Crush/fight for free Waitrose coffee and hope to find 1mtr SQ piece of grass to stretch out on, shoes off, should be fine most folks don’t like the Sun in these parts. If it ain’t covered in Neon they ain’t interested.

The flock of Tourists around Tower of London last night was immense, beautiful evening, cameras whirring, a gazzillion languages echoing, kids crying as ice cream cones exploded.
    Nice evening for a roadie blast.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Stunning pootle in on the foldie past the docks

Deep joy!

Professor Stanley Unwin – sadly missed.

Houns

Heatwave?

You mean a nice warm Summers day

tyrionl1
    Free Member

Good fun for all the truckers lined up in yet another operation stack as Calais closes yet again.

swavis

hels – Member
    Can somebody tell Scotland ? Was chilly in the Borders this morning.

Was lovely and warm on my commute in on the Speyside Way at 6:15 this morning 8)

ernie67

Houns just hit the nail on the head

bikebouy
    Free Member

^^ Aye, in a “Back in the Day” kinda way 😆

Shades on fellas. 8)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

not keen on these british “heatwave” things we get, humidity is too high, and I’m on crutches with a leg pot this year,

Nico
    Free Member

Lovely ride in along the North Downs Way and through Ranmore, this morning. Not at all hot. Yet.

teasel
    Free Member

Mock all you want Drac

I don’t think he was mocking, merely demonstrating his fantastic people handling skills. Essential in his profession…

footflaps

I reckon a heatwave starts when the temp hits 40C. Anything below that is just warm.

cinnamon_girl

Roll on Autumn I say.

As said ^^ ooh, look a summers day doing what it says on the tin.

No work at the mo, so gym for some weights this morning, then supposed to be decorating, then riding with a mate this evening.

There’s a distinct possibility I’ll sack the lot off and go find a beer garden though

teasel
    Free Member

Pedantic miserable shits being pedantic and miserable.

I would’ve thought Houns would be all over this what with his fetish ‘n all…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 141 total)

The topic ‘Heatwave’ is closed to new replies.