Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Heathrow – What to do for 7 hours?
  • dmorts

We’ve got about 7 hours to kill at Heathrow, arriving 10.15am (not sure of terminal) and flying out at 17:00 from Terminal 5.

I’ve considered booking us into the Aspire lounge in T5, although seems like you can only stay there for 3 hours at about £12pp per hour. We can definitely venture from T5 but don’t really want to stray too far from the airport.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Jump on the bus to Windsor and mooch around there for a few hours?

gobuchul
    Free Member

Windsor +1

oldnpastit

Bring a book?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Drink.

km79
    Free Member

People watch.

Watty

TBH any of the villages around Heathrow are worth a look. Harmondsworth, Sipson and especially Cranford. You could maybe pack a picnic and sit on the village green watching the cricket.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Hire a JCB and rampage through the streets of Slough?

Do £12,000,000 worth of improvements.

thepurist

Get to bracknell & hire a bike at swinley, do a lap, back to the airport lounge for shower and post ride beverage.

fasthaggis

Buy some freezer bags.
    Have a big curry.
    Catch your farts in the bags.
    Write on the bags ‘Luxury Air’ .
    Leave them in the VIP lounges.
    😛

sweaman2
    Free Member

I’m curious as to what combination of flights gives you 7 hours at LHR. So I’d be heading to a village or something to get some fresh air / space. Presumably you’re on a long flight before / after.

dmorts

I’m curious as to what combination of flights gives you 7 hours at LHR. So I’d be heading to a village or something to get some fresh air / space. Presumably you’re on a long flight before / after.

Cheap flights that’s what, we got them through Avios and only had to pay the tax. Edinburgh->Heathrow then Heathrow->Pisa. There was a better combination with a shorter stop, but it sold out before we could book.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will consider them all 🙂

theotherjonv

assuming bags are being checked through (or handbaggage only), and you need therefore only security at T5, go the whole hog and hop on the H’Row express and spend some time in London. 15 mins e/w, could easily get 4-5 hours in town.

Or tube to Chiswick and visit Chiswick House and gardens

bikebouy
    Free Member

Pluck each hair out of your head with tweezers, get hold of a nail spong, superglue and make a hedgehog…

Or

Paint you face like a clown and go scare the children..

Enjoy 😯

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above buy a book, watch mtb videos / download bbc iplayer stuff you missed or just waste 7 hours on STW arguing to the toss about nothing in particular 🙂

Leaving the airport is a drag imo just stay put. You may arrive late and terminal transfer will take an age anyway. The little pods to shuttle you to the long term car park are a laugh !

CountZero

Hire a JCB and rampage through the streets of Slough?

Do £12,000,000 worth of improvements.
    #muttleysnigger

dmorts

I could take the JCB to Swinley instead and reinstate the jump gully 🙂

Mackem

Get through security.

jimdubleyou

I could take the JCB to Swinley instead and reinstate the jump gully

Just take some bolt cutters and remove the chains from the “Pro” line.

More seriously, get on the tube to London and visit a museum, or watch a movie or go shopping. Do whatever you fancy, apart from sitting in Heathrow for 7 hours.

Tube takes 45 minutes ish to zone 1, costs about £3.10 each way, or (as above) get the HEx, which is £15 each way and considerably faster.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Tube takes 45 minutes ish to zone 1, costs about £3.10 each way, or (as above) get the HEx, which is £15 each way and considerably faster.

The longest time I ever spent on the tube was to get back from Heathrow at rush hour in the morning having arrived there from Boston. I went on the same tube from Heathrow to Manor House and it took about 2 hours and 20 minutes. Which was an appreciable fraction of the time it took to get from Boston Mas. to Heathrow!

DrJ

Wander round the shops for a bit. Eat a “meal deal” from Boots. Then kill yourself.

HansRey

pub crawl? Se how many laps you can do of the pubs, F1 style.

jekkyl

Onanism! see how many times it is possible in the time available.

TrekEX8
    Free Member

Bus to Kew Gardens or Richmond?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Onanism! see how many times it is possible in the time available.

LOL I actually had to look that up.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Heathrow – What to do for 7 hours?’ is closed to new replies.