Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Hearth stones for log burner
  • ahsat

This is ours, as fitted by previous owner

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GFNoex]2017-11-17_12-51-09[/url] by Tasha, on Flickr

From living with it for a year, I’d suggest something that was reasonably smooth. Despite the comments above from people who seem to like to live in a mess 😆 it is nice to be able to sweep up the dust, fallen ashes etc; and the textured nature of these little paving slab things under ours makes that quite hard and rather messy leaving soot stains etc.

dannybgoode

I don’t know what we got. They just turned up and did the job. Could be black slate, could be concrete (or other material) made to look like black slate.

Quite like it either way.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Glass hearth (cannot be @rsed trying to post a pic). I don’t fly, haven’t spawned and do limited mileage in the car so the wood burner is my polluting luxury.

duir
    Free Member

Well after causing even more polution in my big evil diesel driving all over Cumbria trying to find something decent for a budget price I gave up. Just for fun I got a quote from Honnister slate mine as my Mrs grew up a few miles from there and it’s nice to support the local industry. Sadly £810 plus VAT for 3 paving sized slabs rules them out.

So I ended up back at the local builders merchant looking at £20 each paving slabs but can’t decide between the black limestone theat seems the most practical or the light grey rough cut sandstone which looks the nicest.

DrP

I got some slate tiles from my local (as in, 2 min up the road) tile/stone place.
    The tiles were about £20 all in. Cutting them cost me £25!

Neat cuts though..

DrP

mattsccm
    Free Member

Your local stone surely?

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Hearth stones for log burner’ is closed to new replies.