Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Heart rate monitor for waking heat rate, not chest strap
  • rone

I want something that covers two bases: Interfaces with my Garmin Edge 1000, and is not a chest strap so I can wear all night without being uncomfortable – like the wrist fitbit things but I understand the fitbits won’t transmit HR data to the Garmin?

stevied
    Free Member

Garmin wrist strap*? Says it’s compatible with other Garmin stuff.. Garmin

rone

Yeah. I couldn’t find out if it sent the data to the edge devices or not. But I will look into it.

Thanks.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

The Garmin Vivoactive HR can transmit HR to an Edge unit.

The problem is that unless you’ve got it on your wrist very tight, it’s not hugely accurate when on the bike.

jam-bo

My 235 has a broadcast mode and then any ANT+ compatible device can pick it up.

cookeaa

Mio link or fuse? (can’t remember which is which…

Optical, wrist worn HR/activity trackers with ant+, that the sort of thing you want?

rone

Okay sounds promising.

So jury is out on how accurate they are for riding?

Murray

Mio Fuse works well. No idea how accurate as I’ve not worn another one at the same time to compare.

wildc4rd
    Free Member

I have found my Fitbit Blaze is pretty good for ‘non-exercise’ heart monitoring, but when I’m on the bike (spinbike, road or off road) it can be as much as 75 BPM off from the garmin chest strap.

rone

I have found my Fitbit Blaze is pretty good for ‘non-exercise’ heart monitoring, but when I’m on the bike (spinbike, road or off road) it can be as much as 75 BPM off from the garmin chest strap.

Okay. The fitbits don’t send anything out by ANT do they?

rone

Mio fuse it is I think. Purely based on accuracy.

Thanks all.

warton
    Free Member

interesting, I’m getting terrible heat rash from using my chest strap on a turbo, need something else, the garmin wrist strap looks good…

glenh
    Free Member

Another vote for Mio Fuse here.
    Works well for me with Garmin (ANT+) and Strava on phone (blutooth) and much nicer to wear than a chest strap. Does sleep / night HR monitoring and step counting too.

epicsteve
    Free Member

The problem is that unless you’ve got it on your wrist very tight, it’s not hugely accurate when on the bike.

Mine isn’t. I normally use a HR belt and my 810 but with the Vivoactive HR running as a backup and while the Vivoactive is a tad less responsive to changes than the 810/HR belt it’s otherwise comparable.

Giallograle

The Scosche Rhythm+ is accurate, armband-based and has Ant and Bluetooth Smart. Only downside is that the rechargeable battery is good for 5+ hours but probably won’t last 8 hours. It may depend which communications protocol uses less power.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Heart rate monitor for waking heat rate, not chest strap’ is closed to new replies.