Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Heart Rate Monitor
  • ehrob

Following my acquisition of a cheap and cheerful turbo trainer, I’m interested in getting a heart rate monitor to use with it.

I’m not sure if I’d use it on actual rides particularly (I don’t ride on the road, only mtb), but want to use it to try and help structure turbo sessions a bit.

Can anyone recommend anything? I have an Android phone if there’s anything out there that’d play with that.

Haze

Wahoo Tickr?

ehrob

Cheers, saw that one. Presume for what I’m after they’re much of a muchness, but wondered if there were any specifically to get/avoid.

nedrapier

The cheap ones (ebay, £15-£25) get patchy reviews, iffy straps and inconsistent data transmission.

If you want to pair it with a Garmin at any point, you’ll want ANT+ as well as bluetooth, so you may as well get one that does both now.

Then you get to the Wahoo Tickr. good reviews, does BT and ANT+, comfy strap, works, carries on working. £ in the sweet spot of inexpensive without being too cheap.

I’d get one of those. I did get on of those.

ehrob

Ta – would rather pay a bit more for something reliable.

rs
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Scosche Rythym+ for a while now in place of a chest strap and found it to work very well, its a light based option but the reviews were good, and my experience is similar.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

I’ve been using the Viiiiva hr monitor, it works as an ant+ to Bluetooth bridge as well so it talks to Garmin a and iPhone/iPads as well. I use it out on the road and on the trainer to connect speed and cadence sensors to Zwift.

Been faultless so far

mrdobermann
    Free Member

The garmin ones on Wiggle for £34

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Heart Rate Monitor’ is closed to new replies.