Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Heart Rate Monitor
  • johnnygooner
    Free Member

Being a great believer in researching stuff and finding stuff out for myself, I generally wouldn’t even bother looking at Which… type of threads. eg. “Is Forest x any good?” Dunno, go out and ride it! “Which inner tube should I use” Dunno go buy some etc etc

However, I’m really stuggling to fathom this one out. I’m after a heart rate monitor thats compatible with the current version of Strava on an iPhone 5 running iOS7.

Any advice greatly received

Thanks in advance

Gary_M
    Free Member

I presume you want the HRM strap only – I use a Polar Bluetooth hrm strap for running paired with my iPhone.this

mudsux
    Free Member

I think you can get an ANT+ adaptor for iPhones.

Gary_M
    Free Member

You can but why use an additional bit stuck on the end of your phone when you can use bluetooth?

CraigW
    Free Member

Best to make sure it is Bluetooth Smart, aka Bluetooth LE. This is lower power than regular Bluetooth, so better battery life.

So the Polar H6 or H7, or Wahoo Fitness Blue HR, or Topeak Panobike etc.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh the one I linked to is H7.

mudsux
    Free Member

You can but why use an additional bit stuck on the end of your phone when you can use bluetooth?

Because ANT+ devices are cheaper and more widely used and supplied in sports devices????

You would be able to interface with Speed, Cadence, Power meters, Turbo trainers as well as Heart rate monitors.

pymwymis
    Free Member

I use one from Wahoo. Low power Bluetooth. Works great.

You can also get a weatherproof case (which can be bar mounted) and for this proper epic days out, a piggy back extra battery.

I find with nothing else running in the background and the screen off (I don’t look at starve while on the move) my 4S lasts about 6 hours. The extra battery doubles this.

johnnygooner
    Free Member

Thanks for all the advice.

I’ve gone for the Polar H7. I reckon if I need other gear compatability the I’ll get a ANT adapter thingy. I probably wont!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Heart Rate Monitor’ is closed to new replies.