Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Healing and age……..
  • vondally
    Free Member

at 49 years old noticing that my skin does not heal as well from grazes cuts and such. Someone has suggested it is because I am a veggie and not enough protein. I dismissed this as rubbish but any thoughts? Views?

pirahna
    Free Member

I noticed injuries were taking longer to heal in my mid to late 20’s, at 52 things take ages to get better. It’s just part of the ageing process.

mountainman

Muscle damage also takes a while longer and recovery times seem longer too,50.5 here.

Klunk
    Free Member

think it’s the normal aging thing, though can be diabetes related, bites are the worst !

BillMC

I’ve found healing to be hastened by triple doses of effervescent vitamin C and zinc, very nice too.

oldnpastit

You shouldn’t be getting grazes at the age of 49. You should be spending your days sat in your sofa, with your slippers on and an old farty dog by your side, reading colour supplements and watching daytime TV. Not going out on bikes and falling off and stuff.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Same here though also a non meat eater

globalti
    Free Member

Yes, everything takes longer as you enter your forties and fifties. Just having a tinkle takes longer, injuries heal more slowly and you take longer to recover from exercise. Diet has nothing to do with it.

Oh and milk and baked beans are two things you’ll find you can no longer tolerate; beans blow you up painfully with trapped wind then you fart like a horse, real stinkers.

thecaptain
    Free Member

Age not diet. Unless the diet is really piss-poor. A decent veggie diet will have plenty of protein and vitamins, and you probably woudn’t have got to 49 as a veggie if you didn’t have a decent diet 🙂

slowoldgit
    Free Member

It’s age. You learn to be a little more careful, but don’t stop having fun.

perthmtb
    Free Member

Yes, everything takes longer as you enter your forties and fifties.

Ah yes, when it takes you all night to do what you used to do all night 😥

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Yes it’s a bummer, 100 pull ups in the gym on Thursday and my elbows were giving me some serious grief on Friday, all’s well today though. 😀
    52 not out, eat lots of eggs, fish and nuts, most carbs from fruit and veg.
    Not 100 pull ups in one go i may add, 25 + 8 sets of 10 and yes, my maths is rubbish as well.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I think it is just an age thing. I definitely don’t bounce as well as I used to. I certainly don’t shrug it off now and injuries last weeks not days.
    Same with drinking. I now have the sense not to get absolutely wasted knowing that hangovers are now measured in days than hours.

v8ninety

I noticed a marked difference between early and mid thirties, most noticeable with minor flesh wounds not disappearing as quickly as. They used to. This must be genetic ageing; I’ve passed my genes on so now I’m past my (genetic) sell by date. How cheery a thought that is.

footflaps

Can’t say I noticed cuts healing more slowly, although I rarely get them. Exercise recovery takes longer though.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Omega 3, that’s what you old farts need. Twinn42 has it right.
    At 53, I’m feeling better than ever. I can’t say I’ve noticed recovery times increasing, or hangover duration.
    You’re all doing it wrong…

taxi25
    Free Member

55 now and skin definitely takes longer to heal. I’ve got a big scab on my knee from ladt w/end and there’s very little evidence of healing. It’s going to take weeks to fully heal.

tyrionl1
    Free Member

If you boys in your fifties are getting concerned abut healing time from crashes, skin burns, muscle problems, now, wait til you have them in your sixties, major downtime and seriously begins to affect your confidence, and reduces ‘bottle’ severely.

Plus the sudden stupid tendon failures like hamstrings whilst you’re doing something not necessarily that energetic, most dangerous pursuit? Never play cricket casually if you’ve not done it lots in your life, it’s a bloody muscle and joint killer and a lame stupid game on a par with Girls Or Lazy F***k**s

footflaps

Not 100 pull ups in one go i may add, 25 + 8 sets of 10 and yes, my maths is rubbish as well.

That’s dementia setting in 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Healing and age……..’ is closed to new replies.