Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Headtorch for Kids?
  • franksinatra

Can anyone reconmend good, cheap headtorchs for the kids? Not looking for anything fancy but good enough for kids to use camping etc. Don’t really want to spend more than £10 or so, need to buy three. Trying to avoid really rubbish ones where the headband stretches.

Ta

matt_outandabout

We have one cheap Alpkit and two super cheap ones from TKMaxx – TKMaxx are jus fine, as long as you don’t expect them to navigate round a Munro in sideways rain at night….

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Princeton tec bot from 2pure on ebay is what we have.

Innes
    Free Member

Alpkit take a bit of beating, they are cheap and work well.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I have had a couple of Alpkits, old and newer, first one packed it in after 6 months but customer service was excellent.

I also have a Maplin one, which is every bit as good as the Alpkit, I think most of these things come out of the same factories.

What about tricolour ones? with adjustable focus,13 squid? More colours = always more fun, red for no glare reading/stargazing etc, great for camping IME

theblackmount
    Free Member

Bought 3 of these and they are still going strong. So cheap its worth buying an extra one or two:

http://www.dx.com/p/zooming-cree-q5-200lm-2-mode-1-led-white-light-headlamp-3-x-aaa-3-6-4-5v-117193#.VKV5BdKsV8E

Managed to cycle from Spittal of Glenshee to Braemar in total darkness with one of these and didn’t need to slow down on the descent from the ski carpark 😉 IIRC its a Led Lenser clone.

MoreCashThanDash

Alpkit here, also a basic Mountain Warehouse one which has lasted well.

andyfla
    Free Member

I have a petzl and an alpkit, only diff is the petzl is smaller and the finish is a touch (very slightly) better

Highly recommend Alpkit- in fact just bought the Manta (multicolour goodness) for MiniFla

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Headtorch for Kids?’ is closed to new replies.