Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Headspace
  • gastromonkey
    Free Member

I’ve nearly finished the free 10 day trial on the headspace app. I’m enjoying it and want to keep using it or something similar. Is anyone else using it and paying the monthly subscription? What are your thoughts?

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Sorry, forgot to change the topic from “bike forum”.

Squirrel

Yeah, I’ve finished the 30 day “Foundation” and about halfway through the “Stress” pack. Seems to be helping clear some of the crap out my head. Andy’s cool too….

gastromonkey
    Free Member

Thanks for the info.

thepurist

Try some of Jon Kabat Zinns stuff, or prof mark Williams. They’re two key figures in the world of mindfulness.

Squirrel

Gastro, they sent me a code for one month free access to pass to someone: it goes in the promo box on their homepage or at the checkout. REW15-YB0XA8

catsplums
    Free Member

My wife uses the headspace and finds it useful, one of a few tools and techniques. Good luck.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Ive got an annual membership and has been excellent

Squirrel

Oh, and there’s a cycling exercise too 🙂

muenchen1
    Free Member

I went with a years sub, pretty happy with it done a couple of the packs and just trying out the sleeping one which seems to do the job nicely.

MoreCashThanDash

I was going to ask about this myself. The 10 day freebie was recommended to me a month or so ago to help me deal with “stuff”, and I really didn’t get it.

Really can’t clear my head when trying the exercises, just seems to bring everything bubbling up to the top. Also struggled to find just 10 minutes a day of space and quiet, can’t believe how much noise and chaos goes on in our house.

I really like the idea of it, and want to give it another go, but not sure if I’ve been doing it wrong?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Morecash- give it another go, I used to be the same and if anything the chattering mind shows you could do with it.

Someone once told me that meditation is effectively training the mind to focus on one thing at a time – distractions either internal or external just train the mind to do the opposite which lead to all sorts of challenges – mine was waking up loads in the night and not sleeping well.

In terms of the noise in the house – good headphones did the job.

richardk
    Free Member

Is anyone using mindfulness (of any variety) at work? Either funded by themselves, or through a program provided by their company? Who provides it, and what do you think of it?

AdamW
    Free Member

Went to a Buddhist retreat many moons ago; had been meditating for quite some time. I found that if you keep at it things get better. Even at the retreat the week started a little difficult to clear my head. At the end of the weekend it was much much easier.

Keep practising. Don’t beat yourself when your mind wanders, just note it then get back to your main focus (breathing etc.).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Headspace’ is closed to new replies.