Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • headset questions…
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

ok, my carrera fury came with a basic headset…. the bearings are internal.

is there any reason why i couldnt change this to a headset like THIS ONE ???

total noob question i know so please be gentle

Jammy111
    Free Member

you probably cant as the headset will be integrated or semi-integrated by the sounds of it.

philconsequence
    Free Member

🙁 damn.

what does integrated or semi integrated mean in dumb persons terms?

Skyliner
    Free Member

This link is very very usefull http://www.parktool.com/repair/readhowto.asp?id=68
    That FSA Pig wont fit as the bearings are external.

Jammy111
    Free Member

bearings sit inside the headtube rather that outside. basically the internal diameter of your headtube will be too wide to fit a headset like you have pictured.

there are decent semi-integrated headsets on the market if you want to buy a new one though.

ahwiles
    Free Member

erm, isn’t this something you can do with the ’44mm headsets’… ?

they fit in a ‘semi integrated’ headtube, but the bearings sit outside – i think. ?

might be usefull to know, might be not.

philconsequence
    Free Member

understood. cheers for the help people. being a noob i measured my steerer tube and thought i was being clever ordering a couple of those fsa ones in the link a while back for when my (and the OH’s) headset needed replacing… however now it needs replacing the ones i’ve bought wont work haha!

think i might keep one for a future bike build, and sell the other.

RealMan
    Free Member

It doesn’t say on the ritchey one whether or not it comes with a crown race… Anyone know?

philconsequence
    Free Member

cheers jammy111, might end up buying… will see what halfords sugest as a replacement as its been 4 days since my last ride and i need to get out on it tomorrow haha.

fingers crossed they can offer something better than the standard one it came with

Skyliner
    Free Member

FSA and Cane Creek ‘ZS’ range will fit. CRC £15.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘headset questions…’ is closed to new replies.