Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Headset help Whyte 629 2014
  • Richo70
    Free Member

The headset on my friends Whyte 629 2014 has gone. It is an FSA. The lower portion says ‘the pig’ on it, however the spec sheet says it is a ‘FSA No. 10 upper and 1.5″ lower external cup Caged Bearings’.

I could probably just change the bearings and the seals but I’m not sure what I need….

Happy to buy the same headset again, I just don’t want to get into pressing new cups in etc.

Anybody know what I need to buy?

Richo70
    Free Member

Bump

timba
    Free Member

Read this page to diagnose defects first, then try the “Overhaul” section lower down.
    Take the caged bearing into your LBS and buy loose balls, “stick” them in with grease. The Pig seems to need 7/32 balls (you’ll need more than 20), while the upper may be smaller at 5/32

z1ppy

No idea if it’s of any help but my (2013) Whyte 929’s headset listed as “FSA Orbit ZS, Sealed Cartridge Bearings, 1.5″ Lower, 1 1.8″ Upper Bearings” had proper bearings, which I’ve replace, well the bottom one anyways..

Upper bearing (purchased from Amazon): FSA Bearing TH-873 ACB 36°x45° CC 1.1/8
    Lower bearing (purchased from UKbikestore): FSA TH-073 MR110 1.5″ ACB 36 x 45 headset bearing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Headset help Whyte 629 2014’ is closed to new replies.