Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Headset choice for Pace RC405 XCAM frame
  • chrispalmr
    Free Member

Dear All,

Having just succumbed to the wiles of the CRC sale and coughed up for an RC405 frame (to replace my now 7 yr old Fisher Sugar+) I was wondering what headset to invest in?

I'm not particularly au fait with the various varieties of integrated headset, having only ever had 'conventional' types before – what do I need!?!

Any and all help appreciated.

Chris

Ringo
    Free Member

When i bought my 405 there wasnt much choice about. I went with a hope and in 2 yrs its still running smooth 😀

tails
    Free Member

hi chris if it is the same headset as a pace rc305 i will/should have one for sale in next few days, if that interests you? hope brand i believe.

oxnop
    Free Member

I had a hope semi integrated. Nice bike. Wish it would of fit me better.

Mintman
    Free Member

Hope here too.

retro83
    Free Member

just to be sure is it a semi-int or and fully int which is needed? assume they're not interchangeable ?
    edit: ah just had another look at the frame, nowhere for the bearings to run so semi-int required!

chrispalmr
    Free Member

Am I right in thinking that "fully integrated" means that the frame headtube has a bearing race surface machined into the inner surface whereas a "semi integrated" means the bearing race cups are part of the headset (as per conventional) but the frame headtube is sized so that the cups sit entirely within it?

Slightly moot point, as Hope seems to be the consensus on the way to go – thanks for all the responses.

Tails, is your headset new? What size? How much do you want? Email is in my profile…

Cheers

Chris

Mintman
    Free Member

Mine is semi-integrated and was fitted by Pace. Chrispalmr hits the nail on the head, the semi-integrated headsets are those where the cups are pressed into the frame.

Paceman
    Free Member

Hope Semi-Integrated here on my 405. Trouble free for the 18 months its been fitted.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Headset choice for Pace RC405 XCAM frame’ is closed to new replies.