Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Heading to Golspie, local knowledge help
  • grantyboy
    Free Member

Heading to Golspie this coming weekend, 8th to 11th. Main rides of the trip will be Golspie but where else is good to ride in that area? Also recommendations for accommodation or good campsites with facilities.
    Driving up from Aberdeen BTW.
    cheers

trail_rat
    Free Member

Contin – go visit te boys at square wheels !

bluebird
    Free Member

Golspie is fantastic. I think it’s my favourite man made trail. Learnie Redrock is close(ish) and worth riding too.

argyle
    Free Member

Learnie is the cats pyjamas

Stu661
    Free Member

Also heading up there this weekend and looking for something else for the Sunday. Have stayed at the campsite at Tain a few times and have always found it to offer good clean facilities, it also has a pub next door. We will be staying here http://www.sleeperzzz.com/ it is only miles from Golspie and great place to stay. Might be fully booked but worth a email.

Have you been to Balblair good fun if a bit short, needs to be done twice. http://www.forestry.gov.uk/forestry/INFD-74EJDM don’t bother with Carbisdale very short and more for beginners.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Definitely go to Balblair.

I rode all the trails up there a couple of weeks back and Balblair was the best of them.

Diane
    Free Member

Balblair 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Chatting to one of the trail builders at Balblair and he said they’ve doen quite a bit of work recently… so anyone who’s not been for a while should pay a visit.

Why I live so flipping far away I don’t know 🙁

argyle
    Free Member

balblair is guff

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

That’s a pretty indepth critique there argyle. How do you mean?

What is it that you like about Learnie? What is it you dislike about Balblair?

supremebean
    Free Member

argyle obviously only rides the blue trails if he thinks learnie is better than balblair, learnie used to be brilliant before the fc harvested the first part of the black trail. now its pretty poor imo. well compared to balblair it is. they have also removed all the woodwork at learnie.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Heading to Golspie, local knowledge help’ is closed to new replies.