Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Headcam = Crap
  • AlexSimon

The problem with video is that editing sucks up soooo much time.

It’s very off-putting when you come back from a ride with a couple of hours of footage and then have to start editing.

smogmonster

Spin – 😉

DezB
    Free Member

That Lopes – he quite quick huh?!

Here’s another
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIe6hYAdw_I&feature=player_embedded[/video]
    woof!

_tom_
    Free Member

But this video has none of the production values _tom_ wishes for. It’s not even in HD, but it’s bloody entertaining.

I’m not saying videos without the colour correction etc aren’t entertaining, it’s just they can be improved a lot with some simple techniques. I actually enjoy watching head/chest cam videos on youtube no matter the production quality so long as it’s not blurry to the point of not being able to tell what’s going on.. especially if it’s a place I haven’t ridden before – gives a rough idea of what to expect.

Whitish
    Free Member

You are not making a music video, so quit with the bloody music over everything!

Hmm…

In many cases I think that’s true. But you can’t blanket a statement like that, I don’t think. All the little films I’ve made are linked directly to the music. It’s what I think works. Edits, cuts and effects linked to the pulse of the music add something to the overall impact. But hey. I like doing it my way. I’m sure anyone who doesn’t like the tunes I put on, won’t want to watch any films I make.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Unless it’s a 20s clip I think music is a must. There’s only so much wind noise I can cope with. Motorbikes aren’t quite so bad, but still, there’s a limit.

Whitish
    Free Member

It’s very off-putting when you come back from a ride with a couple of hours of footage and then have to start editing.

I actually quite like editing riding footage. I kind of get to re-live the ride, particularly the films I’ve made from holidays to places like BC. It’s a lasting memory…

But then I might just be very, very sad. Yes. That’s probably it. 🙁

AlexSimon

I don’t mind doing the editing, I just don’t have the time. Self-employment and 2 children don’t leave a huge amount.

Euro
    Free Member

maxray – Member

Where abouts is that Euro? Nice interesting (if wet) looking trail.

Cavehill Maxy, overlooking Belfast.

I wish I had to ‘pooter power to run fancy programmes with swish editing, but my machine can’t cope with mpeg4 files so first I have to convert them, then do all the editing in Moviemaker. It’s a slow process and I rarely get the time to do it properly( 2 youngkids and a partner who’s addicted to Facebob), but actually enjoy cobbling all the bits together. I find music really helps when editing.

This one is also from Inners and personally I think the music makes it

[video]http://vimeo.com/14415385[/video]

molgrips
    Free Member

That Chilean vid is fantastic – those gap jumps! 😯

However I don’t like the actual footage. Too much pointing at the floor. Too wide an angle makes everything look slow, too narrow makes it hard to watch.

And I now feel sick after only watching a few.

bongo136
    Free Member

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/198594/

i like this one, and the guy is flat out 😀

randomjeremy
    Free Member

The music really makes this – atmospheric, tense, uplifting.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DNgPp_s3gU&feature=player_profilepage[/video]

Drac

Hahaha Random.

molgrips
    Free Member

Bongo, that chap is shifting. Course isn’t very technical though.. *goes to lookup Hammerfest*

garethh
    Free Member

Ok strictly not a helmet cam video but a cable cam instead, have yet to perfect the helmet cam side

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Headcam = Crap’ is closed to new replies.