Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • head hurting headset?
  • thomasraelburke
    Free Member

i have bought a second hand frame giant nrs xtc 950 and am confused as to what headset to put in. i think it is a semi intergated or zero stack headset which i have no experience with, would any semi int headset fit?

the head tube has two different sized 'cup spaces' for lack of a better description 8mm deep on top, 14mm on bottom, is this the same as all semi int… i have tried to research this myself but seems the more i look into it the more im confusing myself ha.

there is a ritchey wcs headset on ebay claiming to fit all semi intergated headtubes (if that is indeed what i have?) dont know whether to buy… please help

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

ok, now i think it may be a fully integrated headset????

user-removed
    Free Member

LBS…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thomasraelburke
    Free Member

fast running out of lbs i have faith in! although halfords let me use their vice to get my stubborn bb out the other day. well appreciated! asked them about headset (after that generosity would have used them and paid double) unfortunatly they didnt really have a clue.

julianwilson
    Free Member

I've got an older NRS and it takes a semi integrated headset. This has cups that you press in but only the outer lip of the cup sits outside the headtube, if that makes any sense. I have one of these ritchey ones in mine.

was it the red one that went for £92 your bought?

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

ebay? yeah something like that.

BigJohn

I've got a knee-hurting stem (if that helps).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘head hurting headset?’ is closed to new replies.