Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hayfield trail conditions?
  • dannyh
    Free Member

I’m planning a winter ride around Hayfield for the latter part of next week.

I’ve ridden most of the trails around the village, so know they will be pretty passable even after crap weather.

I’m quite keen to get out south of the village and onto New Allotments (where I have never been before). Are the trails here likely to be OK, or are we talking impassable bog?

I’ve found a vid on youtube that shows the descent northwards to Ollersett and Far Phoside – looks like that will be a slog in the wet(?) I was thinking the eastward descent to Peep O Day will be a better bet(?)

I was then going to head down Coldwell Clough all the way into Hayfield to pick up Snake Path. Then left at the cabin and off to Hollinsworth Clough. Then Blackshaw to Lantern Pike and back down into Hayfield. Finishing with a loop out to Lanside Farm – maybe retracing Lantern Pike or heading out around Shiloh Hall Farm.

I’m pretty confident that all these are going to be OK – apart from the New Allotments bit.

I’m keeping clear of Kinderlow End and Farlands as this is likely to be pretty gloopy I think.

Or am I better off sticking around Ladybower and Woodlands?

Cheers for any advice.

sambob
    Free Member

New allotments is often wet, but always rideable, other than maybe the very top of the climb, and maybe the boggy bit towards Peep O’ Day. Far Phoside will be worse than Peep O’ Day, best to leave that for when it’s dry. Ladybower may be a better bet, due to it being rocky rather than peat/grassy.

richpips
    Free Member

New allotments is fine if a little damp. Plenty of puddles but all rideable as of last week.

Drop to either Phoside or Peep o’ day will have a a couple of bits, given the choice Peep o’ day is easier in the wet.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Hayfield trail conditions?’ is closed to new replies.