• This topic has 23 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Haye v Gjergjaj
  • Pook

No thread?

Sound synch issue is doing my head in.

DezB
    Free Member

Read the #hayeday Twitter feed. It’s funny as hell.
    I was going to turn the sound off anyway cos the commentator is so shit, so I don’t mind about the sync issues.
    So far it’s been an embarrassment, Frank Warren it ain’t.

andysredmini
    Free Member

I’m watching it but the sound is annoying.

DezB
    Free Member

Jeezuz kerrist what are they doing to boxing?

andysredmini
    Free Member

Wtf is that noise lethal bizzle is making? Is that music?

Junkyard
    Free Member

ok here we go not expecting much tbh beyond better than Audley 😉

Kryton57

What a joke.

Pook

Rubbish.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Terrible. All of it

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

The whole card was a miss matched joke. Whoever put that together should be ashamed.
    I think Haye let him off in the first round to try and give the crowd some more action.
    Very poor.

Pook

The whole card was a miss matched joke. Whoever put that together should be ashamed.
    I think Haye let him off in the first round to try and give the crowd some more action.
    Very poor.

can’t disagree with any of this

Junkyard
    Free Member

Did he even throw a punch ?

DezB
    Free Member

Haye hit him with right when he threw his first jab and he gave up after that.
    Pathetic.

Haye needs help “promoter: David Haye (Hayemaker Promotions)”.
    Even Dave Channel won’t buy another bunch of shite like that.

Oh, I never “Tweet” but couldn’t help myself tonight:
    “If you think that was embarrassing, Haye’s next opponent is 44 years old! #Hayeday”
    😀

chewkw
    Free Member

Waste of time …

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ahhhhhh,, they were having a FIGHT? That makes some sense now.

ctk
    Free Member

Hate vs Joshua would be a good match up.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

think of it as charity fund raiser .. raised some cash for Blackwell and some entertainment. Good promo for cannon v haymaker. Lets hope that strength conditioning includes Haye’s toe as thats the only thing stopping him now!

I thought both fighters looked good and definitely a class above their opposition. Sets up the fight later on this year nicely. I dont think either would trouble Joshua too much

pondo

^^^ WHS

hammerite
    Free Member

I’m not saying that Joshua would lose, but is Haye a fighter that Joshua should be risking a world title shot over? Haye has clearly been an outstanding fighter and actually still might have it in him so could be a risk to unifying a title. Joshua should be looking at a shot at one of the other current established top fighters (if that is possible given mandatory defences).

As for the fights last night, they were terrible. I feel sorry for anyone buying a ticket for them. That said for the reason above, until Haye has gets himself higher up the rankings he’ll find it difficult to find worthy opponents with ambition, he’ll only be getting the ones who want a payday. The Swiss dude last night was undefeated (granted he’d only really fought other Swiss fighters!), but he was ranked 20-something in the world. I’d imagine Haye thought he would have out up more of a fight.

mikey3
    Free Member

Briggs must be rubbing his hands at the pension he is going to get by fighting haye,fair play to him he has played it perfectly considering he is about a hundred.

DezB
    Free Member

Gjerjaj’s best result was a points win over Bahktov who lost in 2 rnds to AJ.

AJ V Haye is a hard one to call. If I was a betting man and there were good odds for Haye by ko, i might go for that…
    Look at AJ’s last couple of performances – looked slow, no head movement – bit of a Bruno really. Badly wobbled by Whyte. Now, Haye has a great chin, only back in his LHeavy days was he even close to being stopped. But he’s fast, natural, huge puncher and defensively brilliant (see his win over that massive hairy bloke). Might be a good idea for AJ to avoid him for a while.

seosamh77
    Free Member

just watched it. 😕

nwill1
    Free Member

This is why I watch MMA these days, match ups are not based on politics. If a guys good enough they just step up the rankings. Haye’s not up there to fight the top dogs but he’s so much better than the lower ranked fighters it’s a sham.

I’d love to see AJ vs Haye.

DezB
    Free Member

..raised some cash for Blackwell…

Great news – 100% recovery expected. He’s back in the gym working out according to his trainer.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Haye v Gjergjaj’ is closed to new replies.