Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Hay fever & volcanic ash?
  • ski
    Free Member

Been to see the Doc as me and one of my kids have been suffering from sore eyes and the sneezes.

Doc said we are suffering from Hay Fever & that the Volcanic ash cloud has not helped this year!

Never suffered from Hay Fever before? Hell I used to bale hay for a living years back! 😉

Just wondering if anyone else who has never suffered from hay Fever before is suffering this year?

That's all..

psychle
    Free Member

I'm slowly dying from it… much worse this year than I remember recent Summers being 🙁

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Can become allergic to anything at any time of life really. Not quite sure that I follow the ash cloud side of things.

MrsMFL (38 this year) has been symptomatic of hayfever type symptoms for the last couple of years with no prior history.

Drac

I'd say it's more likely we've had a good year for flora and trees this year. Lots of sunshince and some showers of rain, they are also heavily harvesting the hay this month which throws more pollen in the air. I suspect you Dr is talking out of his hoop.

ski
    Free Member

I suspect you Dr is talking out of his hoop.

lol – that did cross my mind 😉

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

MrsMFL thinks her symptoms worsen when she is nearer oilseed rape, and locally nearly all of the fields (there are not that many) have been planted with rape.

Drac

Oil seed is one of the worst ones for many hay fever suffers, there was a drop around here in recent years but it's back with vengeance this year.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oilseed rape affects my Mrs, but I'd say it's more of an irritant than an allergic reaction. And rape is on the increase as a crop.

samuri
    Free Member

My son is properly screwed this year. Far worse than previous ones.

satsoma
    Free Member

I'm getting it MUCH worse this year. Most years I don't even notice it, but am sneezing all the time and eyes are itching like crazy.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I have suffered for about 30 years & I thought this year was actually pretty good …until about a week ago when all hell broke lose.

not sure about the ash, thats pretty inert I think but it does depend on the type of pollen that you are alergic to (its fruit pollens with me).

I gave up with too many pills beconaise for the snozzer & opticrom for the eyes works best for me.. just treat the symptoms theres not much you can do about the cause

Drac

Ride past any hedge row and just look how much hawthorn blossom there is this year huge blooms of it. Of course not sure if it causes any bother as I'm lucky it don't effect me but just an example of how much flora there is this year.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Don't get hayfever but I have a rather shiny black car and the pollen this year is MUCH worse than last. Within an hour of washing the car, it's covered. Hardly a tragic problem but still annoying!

Eccles
    Free Member

I've had it for about 20 years, but this year? Nada, nothing, zilch. No sneezeing, no itching, no burning skin, I can still smell things and I'm not at all dosed up on antihistamines.

Odd. Pleasing, but odd. Shame I'm still so bloody unfit really, otherwise I'd be flying up the hills.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Hay fever & volcanic ash?’ is closed to new replies.